Sign in to follow this  
voltron

Definitions File Number Is Off

Hello:

I noticed the other day that when I downloaded the SE definitions update, the number of the definitions file should have been 356 for the 12.2.2009 update. Instead it was listed as definitions update number 326, not 356. I assume this was simply an oversight; but, I wanted to bring it to Lavasoft's and users' attention.

Thank you.

--Dylan

I noticed the other day that when I downloaded the SE definitions update, the number of the definitions file should have been 356 for the 12.2.2009 update. Instead it was listed as definitions update number 326, not 356. I assume this was simply an oversight; but, I wanted to bring it to Lavasoft's and users' attention.--Dylan

i am noticing the same thing, where the date, for the definition-file, that is showing on the webpage, does not match the definition-file, itself.. besides that, the blog says that there is a new definition-file update, today (02/24/09), but it is not available for downloading: when i try to download the definition-file, the one that is downloaded is dated 2/23/09, not 2/24/09..

Edited by redwolfe_98

My mistake; y'all are discussing a different topic. I apologize for interrupting.

Edited by DDon

Thats funny because the current definitions file for Adaware se is SE1R338, and lavasoft hasn't released a new update for se in a week sence the 16th, I 've been checking for 2 days now to update my se hoping they put out a new definitions file soon

When I looked today there was no sign of any update at all for Adaware SE Personal -just the AE version. Hoping it's a glitch and will appear eventually.

This may be related, but today, I noticed that on the following website, http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/securitycenter/blog, Lavasoft has removed the definitions number and/or date for both AAW AE and AAW SE. I appreciated this notification as loading my AAW SE & Ad-Watch SE takes nearly a minute or longer to load on system startup and on launching the AAW SE GUI. With Lavasoft having the definitions number and/or date listed for AAW SE, I was able to determine if I had to launch AAW SE, in order to upgrade my definitions file. I would like to see Lavasoft return this informative piece of information back to this webpage, if possible.

Additionally, we may need to start a new topic, but, have other AAW SE users experienced the slow "Loading Definitions File" notice in the AAW SE GUI, as you launch the application? And, do you also experience a slow loading period, approximately one to two minutes, for Ad-Watch SE to load, upon system startup, in your system tray? Does anyone know of a fix for this and/or know why it is happening?

Thanks!

--Dylan

have other AAW SE users experienced the slow "Loading Definitions File" notice in the AAW SE GUI, as you launch the application? And, do you also experience a slow loading period, approximately one to two minutes, for Ad-Watch SE to load, upon system startup, in your system tray? Does anyone know of a fix for this and/or know why it is happening?

i don't run ad-aware in realtime so it doesn't load at startup, on my computer, but i have noticed that, when opening the program, it takes some time for the definitions to be loaded.. it doesn't bother me..

Edited by redwolfe_98

Hello:

Unfortunately, it appears that I have made a mistake, regarding the definitions file number being off. I reviewed my AWEVLOG.txt file and noticed that the numbering was off for at least one update (Build:SE1R355 09.02.2009 should have been listed as Build:SE1R335 09.02.2009); but, Lavasoft fixed that and picked up on the next update and listed it, properly, as Build:SE1R336 12.02.2009. I apologize for any confusion, as I should have checked my AWEVLOG.txt file, before posting this topic.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this