Sign in to follow this  
Cpt Bill

AdAware AE finds same cookies on re-scan

Since installing the Anniversary edition, the scan will find about 7 or 8 cookies (worked down from about 120 with 10 successive scans and removals) that keep coming up even thought the computer is disconnected from the Internet and the recommended action button was clicked and the operation indicated as successful. With the previous version, cookies would NOT magically reappear after removal! I used the full scan and the smart scan modes - both find the same cookies each time.

The first time I ran it, three suspicious files showed up - AdAware recommended RUN ONCE which I initially did but they kept coming back and so I quarantined them:

Quarantined items:

Description: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\divxdec_0407.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Success Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Description: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\divxdec_040c.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Success Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Description: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\divxdec_0411.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Success Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

I even tried to remove all cookies in each browser I use (IE, FireFox and Safari) using the tools in each browser and have run other programs (SpyBot S&D and PCcillin House Call) and they DO NOT find the cookies.

Here are the remaining stubborn cookies (the last one appeared after a scan and removal operation of 7):

Removed items:

Description: *tacoda* Family Name: Cookies Clean status: Success Item ID: 409123 Family ID: 0

Description: *revsci* Family Name: Cookies Clean status: Success Item ID: 409137 Family ID: 0

Description: *2o7* Family Name: Cookies Clean status: Success Item ID: 408943 Family ID: 0

Description: *.ru4* Family Name: Cookies Clean status: Success Item ID: 409055 Family ID: 0

Description: *overture* Family Name: Cookies Clean status: Success Item ID: 408834 Family ID: 0

Description: *questionmarket* Family Name: Cookies Clean status: Success Item ID: 408819 Family ID: 0

Description: *specificclick* Family Name: Cookies Clean status: Success Item ID: 408807 Family ID: 0

Description: *server.iad.liveperson* Family Name: Cookies Clean status: Success Item ID: 409131 Family ID: 0

Scan and cleaning complete: Finished correctly after 285 seconds

Does anyone know what is going on here and why the cookies will not go away after being "removed" by AdAware?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sign in to follow this