Sign in to follow this  
rlc1@juno.com

Can not install AE

I just finished downloading AE(I guess it is free, it was 32.4 MB) on a dial-up line. I try to install by double clicking the program and I get message 'cannot start setup. Setup file may be corrupt or you may have the wrong password'.

I am now using the previous free version and when I start it it asks me if I want to download so I assume it means download another free version.

What gives, did I actually download the wrong one, or, is it broke, or, did I do something else stupid???

Took me two days to get it downloaded to begin with. Please help me if you can.

Bob

oh the fun of dial-up ;)

the download package sounds about the right size (though mine is 32.9mb). have you had any problems installing any other software recently?

Casey

oh the fun of dial-up :P

the download package sounds about the right size (though mine is 32.9mb). have you had any problems installing any other software recently?

Casey

No other problems with any installs.

Bob

Hi Bob Cook,

Sorry for the delay.

I just want to check that you are logged on the computer as an administrator. What OS are you using?

Casey

Hi Bob Cook,

Sorry for the delay.

I just want to check that you are logged on the computer as an administrator. What OS are you using?

Casey

Yes, I am logged on as administrator. I am running XP home edition with SP3. Sorry took me so long to answer, had a bad night last night.

I have adaware 2008 installed now and don't want to uninstall it until I know I am able to install the AE version.

Am I doing something wrong??

Bob

No I don't think it's you, probably just something not going right with the install.

Could be the traces of 2008 or could be the windows installer or even the c++ library. It'd take a few things (completely guess work) to try and solve it and would require downloading a few things (a pain with dial up i know).

Are you prepared to try this or you gonna stick with 2008 for the mean time?

Casey

No I don't think it's you, probably just something not going right with the install.

Could be the traces of 2008 or could be the windows installer or even the c++ library. It'd take a few things (completely guess work) to try and solve it and would require downloading a few things (a pain with dial up i know).

Are you prepared to try this or you gonna stick with 2008 for the mean time?

Casey

Casey,

I will stick with 2008 for now. It will upset me if I have to download it again. I do have a question: Since I am on dial-up and Juno times me out after a while I use 'Flashget' to get my downloads. If I try to download from the prompt when I start ADAWARE 2008 it automatically starts another browser using internet explorer to do the download. Thus, I downloaded it from another site(not sure now what site it was). Is there a way I can put your site to download from into Flashget so Flashget will actually download it from your site???????????????????

Bob

Casey,

I don't know what the above is but I clicked on it, it brought up the Flashget page for Downloads with the above data. When Flashget started to download it ran about 2 seconds and ended. It then wanted me to send an email and it mentioned something about a 'Crash'.

So, I guess it won't work. I did notice the size was only about 14 meg, while the actually AE free is 34.9 meg.

Bob

oh sorry, that was a link for the definition file updates. Unfortunatley, lavasoft do not host the free version for download on their site (saves them money, since the bandwith etc is kept lower). You can download from download.com or other mirrors.

Casey

Sign in to follow this