Sign in to follow this  
voltron

Loading Ad-Watch at System Startup & Loading Ad-Aware SE Plus GUI Takes Nearly Two Minutes

Hello:

I am currently using Ad-Aware SE Plus (Build 1.06r1; File Version: 6.2.0.237) on some older systems and am not able to upgrade these particular systems, at this time; this is why I am attempting to find a solution to this problem and not simply upgrading Ad-Aware, as I do run newer versions of Ad-Aware on newer systems. I am experiencing this same issue on two or three systems. All three systems are running Windows XP Professional, with Service Pack 3 and all post-SP3 updates, along with Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.x and Spybot 1.6.x. All systems meet hardware requirements and have no other problems.

Ad-Watch (File Version: 3.1.2.17) is set to load at system startup and for several years, Ad-Watch loaded quite quickly on these systems. However, for the past several months, Ad-Watch takes nearly two minutes to load in the system tray of all three systems. And, while Ad-Watch is in the process of loading, XP's Task Manager shows the Ad-Watch.exe process and it is slowing taking more and more memory, until Ad-Watch loads in the system tray. In addition to this behavior, when I launch the Ad-Aware SE Plus application (the full GUI), the splash screen displays "Loading Definitions..." for approximately two minutes, until the GUI finally loads. While the splash screen is displayed, the CPU is hitting 100% and reverts to normal operating percentages, once the Ad-Aware GUI loads, completely.

Has anyone experienced this behavior and, if so, have you been able to fix it? What steps did you take to fix this? Is this a known issue with this specific version Ad-Aware SE Plus? I would sincerely appreciate any pointers on this issue, as it has bothered me for several months, now. Thank you, in advance, for any assistance you may be able to provide.

--Dylan

Hello, Raziel:

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I have tried disabling the Symantec product, without any success. Ad-Watch and Ad-Aware continue to take approximately two minutes to load. Do you or anyone else have other suggestions?

Thank you.

--Dylan

Hello, Raziel:

Thank you for your response. Spybot's TeaTimer is disabled, as I never use it, due to the fact that I do use Ad-Aware's Ad-Watch, for my real-time spyware/adware protection. ;) My Ad-Aware SE Plus license is through my university; so, I assume it is still valid.

I hope this information helps; thanks, again, Raziel.

--Dylan

Hello, Raziel:

I was curious to know if you have uncovered any solutions to my issue. I have "Googled" on this issue; unfortunately, I have not found any solutions. I am somewhat surprised not to find anything about this issue, as I am experiencing it on three machines. I would assume that others have, at some point, experienced this same issue. Does anyone else have any experience with this same issue and, if so, how did you solve the problem?

Thanks to everyone for your assistance!

--Dylan

Hi Dylan :D

As a user with a valid licence you're entitled to full professional support.

I'll send you a personal message with further advice.

I close this post cause here we try to help users with the free version.

Regards

Raziel :D