Sign in to follow this  
gsev

AE won't start - only displays the banner

Hi, I have been using the 2008 edition successfully and it did a good job. I tried to upgrade to the AE (anniversary edition). Here are the steps:

1. Downloaded the AE edition.

2. It started and completed the installation. Asked to restart. Clicked "OK."

3. It popped an "update screen," where it downloaded the latest update, installed it and before restarting gave an error message, something along the lines of "can't start the program since the shutdown process has been initiated."

4. Restarted the computer with no error messages

5. When I double-click on the AE icon, it pops the banner for "Anniversary Edition" for 15 seconds or so.

6. The banner goes away and nothing happens - the program is not running. The process is not running.

I tried uninstalling it, cleaning the registry manually, cleaning temp files with Ccleaner, then reinstalling - same issue. I tried disabling every security software while installing - same problem, no help.

Here is the environment:

Enough free RAM and HDD space.

Can somebody (tech support) advise? I am getting a bit frustrated with this software. Why break something that was working really well. Did the QA test the upgrade path from the previous version to AE?

Thanks!

Edited by gsev

Hi gsev,

Unfortunately tech support do not monitor these forums, since they are for free users and tech support is only included with the paid versions.

Could you please do the following:

Start > Run > type services.msc > and see if you find Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service

is the service running?

Casey

Hi, I have been using the 2008 edition successfully and it did a good job. I tried to upgrade to the AE (anniversary edition). Here are the steps:

1. Downloaded the AE edition.

2. It started and completed the installation. Asked to restart. Clicked "OK."

3. It popped an "update screen," where it downloaded the latest update, installed it and before restarting gave an error message, something along the lines of "can't start the program since the shutdown process has been initiated."

4. Restarted the computer with no error messages

5. When I double-click on the AE icon, it pops the banner for "Anniversary Edition" for 15 seconds or so.

6. The banner goes away and nothing happens - the program is not running. The process is not running.

I tried uninstalling it, cleaning the registry manually, cleaning temp files with Ccleaner, then reinstalling - same issue. I tried disabling every security software while installing - same problem, no help.

Here is the environment:

Enough free RAM and HDD space.

Can somebody (tech support) advise? I am getting a bit frustrated with this software. Why break something that was working really well. Did the QA test the upgrade path from the previous version to AE?

Thanks!

You seem to have the same problem many other people have, which seems to get totally ignored and the thread in this forum soon made unusable. It's hard to believe that Lavasoft are so lacking in wanting to keep a good image that no-one really monitors these problems

Hi :)

have you similar problems ?

If so , plz provide information about your system, the installed security software and previous

Ad-Aware installations in your own new topic

If not... why did you post in an open unsolved thread ?

Btw - the answer of the user is still missing

Regards

Raziel ;)

Mod.Edit/due to lack of response closed/Raziel

should you need it re-opened let me know

Edited by Raziel v. Nosgoth