• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swankster

Cannot check for updates after updating to 8.04

4 posts in this topic

After updating to 8.04, I can't check for updates. I'm pretty sure I already have the latest definitions installed, but I just can't check.

I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, installing, and rebooting again. The program updates itself to 8.04 and the problem occurs. Perhaps if someone linked to me to a 8.04 installation package I could uninstall and try installing that - maybe the problem lies within the updating process.

Edited by swankster

Hi,

Could please you tell us exactly what the symptoms are when you try to check for updates - how can't you check.

Have you tried updating using the Start menu instead of from within Ad-Aware (Start>All Programs>Lavasoft>Ad-Aware>Ad-Aware Updates) - sometimes this helps.

Finally can you please try to manually import the definition file - available from: http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/securitycenter/blog

Hope this helps,

GoddersUK

Hi.

If I open Ad-Aware itself, and click Update, nothing happens. If I right-click the taskbar icon and select update, I get "Failed to start update".

Importing through the program doesn't seem to do anything. However I could be wrong - when I select the definition file, the window just disappears without a confirmation message.

I haven't tried through the start menu - actually I uninstalled it earlier. I'll let you know what happens when I reinstall it later today.

Thank you for your reply.

Edited by swankster

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0