Sign in to follow this  
wlpatch

ACCURATE DATES OF SCANS NOT RETAINED

Posted by Halloween on April 26, 2009, 10:00 P.M. - EST - USA

ACCURATE DATES OF SCANS NOT RETAINED

Despite the major update/download by Lavasoft on April 21, 2009 (8.04) for the Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition, the update/download did not correct the retention of the accuracy of the last scan date(s).

Prior to the update/download, the computer experiencing this issue did not reflect any date(s) of the last scan once the computer was rebooted.

Now, the date of the last scan after rebooting the computer reflects a date approximately 6 days ago. This is despite conducting a smart scan daily.

This is consistent and the update/download apparently did not address/rectify this issue. Therefore, this is another issue Lavasoft needs to address.

Any suggestions in the meantime to correct this issue?

The computer is a Toshiba Satellite laptop with the following software:

1. Windows XP Home edition with Service Pack 3;

2. Norton 2009 Security Suite;

3. Spy-bot;

4. Windows Defender; and

5. Firewall is controlled by Norton 2009 Security Suite.

Not an issue on 7 other computers.

Halloween

Hi,

LS are aware of this continuing issue.

Thanks, GoddersUK

I want to add something to this. Not only does the Definitions Update not update, but when you click on the Statistics tab, no statistics are shown except the one I just ran, and when I close my computer and reopen it, there are no total statistics shown.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron E1705, Windows XP 3, Internet Explorer 8, Norton 360 and AdAware Anniversary Edition (Free), updated to 8.0.4. Are there any other updates I should have? Are you supposed to reboot your computer whenever an update is run?

And, why does AdAware close after running a Web Update?

Any help will be most appreciated.

here i found on my laptop

i just put ae on my laptop

i update and run scan

it seams when i restart computer it says scan not yet been performed in red

my desktop says OK though

why would desktop say i m good to good but laptop i never ran one

its a xp sp3

i just updated ran scan shut down restarted said scan not yet performed again

help why this saying this

I was having the same issue on my XP system and finally found a fix. I'm working on a post that details the fix but in the meantime it would be helpful if those whose statistics are not being retained after a restart try the following.

Check file association for DAT files

To do this, click Start > Run and type regedit into the Run box then press Enter. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > .dat (i.e. HKCR\.DAT) and check to see if there is a Data value listed for (Default) other than (value not set). In my case the .DAT was associated with a Nero program. Do NOT make any changes at this point. Close the Registry Editor window.

Let us know if your DAT files are not listed as (value not set) because the fix will probably help you if that is the case.

im on main computer now - NOW this computer doing it

is there fix soon

Nero has the arrogance to change a very large number of the associations of data to their own products. They do not ask permission; they simply make a huge mess.

Sign in to follow this