Sign in to follow this  
rossfamily59

AD Aware Pro Anniverserary Edition & Lavasoft Firewall

I have always used Ad Aware free. My Norton expired on my new computer. I really liked Ad-Aware because it worked well, and it was easy to use. I purchased the Ad-Aware Pro Anniversary Edition including the Lavasoft Firewall on April 13, 2009. Since then, I have had nothing but problems. I uninstalled Norton and before installing all of the software. There were no security programs on my computer. Lavasoft fire wall was set at minimal, and Wizard Create Rules. Everytime I tried to access my email (gmail) or any other website, Lava soft Firewall blocked it. I am still having this trouble. If I want to access any website, I have to disable Lavasoft. This is frustrating, and the only way to verbally talk with someone is to call an international phone number in Switzerland.

I am very unpleased with this program. If someone can help me, I would really appreciate it. Thank You. :angry: :angry:

Edited by GoddersUK

Hi,

As a paying user you are entitled to professional support in the security centre. Please use the link in my signature to log in there.

Thanks a lot,

GoddersUK

I have always used Ad Aware free. My Norton expired on my new computer. I really liked Ad-Aware because it worked well, and it was easy to use. I purchased the Ad-Aware Pro Anniversary Edition including the Lavasoft Firewall on April 13, 2009. Since then, I have had nothing but problems. I uninstalled Norton and before installing all of the software. There were no security programs on my computer. Lavasoft fire wall was set at minimal, and Wizard Create Rules.

Hi

Please check under General Settings and ensure Product startup mode is set to Normal. If it is set to background change it to Normal.

Hi

Please check under General Settings and ensure Product startup mode is set to Normal. If it is set to background change it to Normal.

:)

I tried to enter my settings, it says: "Configuration is not available yet, please try again later".

Now what do I do?

Thank You

:unsure:

I tried to enter my settings, it says: "Configuration is not available yet, please try again later".

Now what do I do?

Thank You

Hi

I have not heard of that error before. If you haven't followed GoddersUK tip then please follow thier advice to get official Lavasoft support.

My best guess is that there is more than one firewall running at the same time. Which version of Windows are you running?

If Windows Vista open the Control Panel and open the Security Centre. Click the drop down arrow against the firewall settings. Report back what information this displays.

seccentre.JPG

If you are running XP let me know as I do not have XP to test with so will have to look up the XP equivalent of this setting.

Hi,

We haven't seen this error before and as Ad Astra mentions it could be caused by having more than one firewall running.

I've replied to your email asking for more information on other security software running on the system and if the password protection is enabled.

As we have being in contact by email also, it is easier if we try further troubleshooting through email to get this resolved for you asap.

Kind Regards,

John - Lavasoft Support.

Hi

I have not heard of that error before. If you haven't followed GoddersUK tip then please follow thier advice to get official Lavasoft support.

My best guess is that there is more than one firewall running at the same time. Which version of Windows are you running?

If Windows Vista open the Control Panel and open the Security Centre. Click the drop down arrow against the firewall settings. Report back what information this displays.

post-175-1241465314.jpg

If you are running XP let me know as I do not have XP to test with so will have to look up the XP equivalent of this setting.

Hi,

We haven't seen this error before and as Ad Astra mentions it could be caused by having more than one firewall running.

I've replied to your email asking for more information on other security software running on the system and if the password protection is enabled.

As we have being in contact by email also, it is easier if we try further troubleshooting through email to get this resolved for you asap.

Kind Regards,

John - Lavasoft Support.

I have Windows Vista.

I do not have password protection on.

I did go in and turn off windows firewall as it was running at the same time as Lava soft.

I am still getting the error message about not finding something in C file for Lava Soft, it was on the screen just a minute ago, but now it is gone.

I just went to you tube, and pushed play on one of the videos, the little icon still goes round and round, but never stops so the video can play.

The only way to have it instantly play is to suspend protection, or exit protection all together.

If I do this, then I have to turn windows firewall back on!

Here's what the message says:

No news data to show. Can't load page c:/Program Files/ Lavasoft Personal Firewall/ html-view/alert.html.

Please Help Again.

The shield is blue, and initial set up was done in normal load.

Melonie

I have Windows Vista.

I do not have password protection on.

I did go in and turn off windows firewall as it was running at the same time as Lava soft.

I am still getting the error message about not finding something in C file for Lava Soft, it was on the screen just a minute ago, but now it is gone.

I just went to you tube, and pushed play on one of the videos, the little icon still goes round and round, but never stops so the video can play.

The only way to have it instantly play is to suspend protection, or exit protection all together.

If I do this, then I have to turn windows firewall back on!

Here's what the message says:

No news data to show. Can't load page c:/Program Files/ Lavasoft Personal Firewall/ html-view/alert.html.

Please Help Again.

The shield is blue, and initial set up was done in normal load.

Melonie

Hi

Having two firewalls causes complex problems as they are actively blocking each other.

Can you try the following:

1) Check you have the LS Personal Firewall license key ready

2) Disconnect from the Internet (e.g. power down the modem)

3) Deinstall LS Personal Firewall

4) Reboot the PC

5) Open Security Centre and ensure Windows Firewall is turned off

6) Reinstall LS Personal Firewall (do not select check for updates during install)

7) Reboot the PC, if blue shiled is showing, reconnect the modem and check for updates in LS Personal Firewall

Post back how you get on.

Hi

Having two firewalls causes complex problems as they are actively blocking each other.

Can you try the following:

1) Check you have the LS Personal Firewall license key ready

2) Disconnect from the Internet (e.g. power down the modem)

3) Deinstall LS Personal Firewall

4) Reboot the PC

5) Open Security Centre and ensure Windows Firewall is turned off

6) Reinstall LS Personal Firewall (do not select check for updates during install)

7) Reboot the PC, if blue shiled is showing, reconnect the modem and check for updates in LS Personal Firewall

Post back how you get on.

I finished doing this.

Okay, here is the newest problems.

The shape of the shield is in my toolbar, however, there is no color to it at all, its blank and grey.

Secondly, when you go into the start menu, and go to computer, it should show you C drive, hard drive, CD drive), all of that is gone, and I can't get to it.

I went into control panel. It shows Windows Firewall is off. When I check to see the security status, it won't open.

I am not able to my firewall, malware, etc....

I am still getting the same trouble message.

Also, for getting into my emails, or youtube, or anywhere else, the circle goes round and round. It then will time out.

I have the fast speed on my computer. One meg, for upload, I think is what they call it!

Your turn Again!

Thanks Mel

I can not find reference to what the gray shield means in the LS Personal Firewall manual.

Are you able to right mouse click on the shield icon and select disable? e.g. select 5 minutes option.

If so turn can you turn on the Windows Firewall?, if yes can you access the web now?

Turn off the Windows Firewall before the 5 minutes period is reached.

I can not find reference to what the gray shield means in the LS Personal Firewall manual.

Are you able to right mouse click on the shield icon and select disable? e.g. select 5 minutes option.

If so turn can you turn on the Windows Firewall?, if yes can you access the web now?

Turn off the Windows Firewall before the 5 minutes period is reached.