Sign in to follow this  
dougplumb

Have SE want AE

I bought Adware SE a few years ago and it downloaded definitions files until a few weeks ago.

I have recently learned that SE went out of date and this is why it will longer load definitions files.

I see on this site that I can get Adware AE free of charge but cannot log into the customer support page in order to get this.

I typed both possible emails into the support forum to get my password but the email is not registered.

How can I get this Adware AE ?

This is incredibly frustrating because it has taken me hours to get to this point, after giving up on getting support from Adware and trying to find another software that works as well.

I have actually bought a competitors package I became so frustrated with this company and their support.

Can this be made easy ?

Where is my license number in Aware SE - maybe this will work to logon to support.

Please respond to {email removed to protect your privacy}

• Like 1

If it was a few years ago you purchased SE, your license may have expired. Conversions from paid SE to AE are free but only if your license is current and it sounds as it yours is not.

You would need to re-purchase the Plus or Pro version to get a current license, or you could use the Ad-Aware AE free version is here:

http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

How long was the license you purchased "a few years ago" and do you still have the details from that purchase? You can send that to me in a Private message here and I will investigate for you if you do.

Can I get the license number from the software and send it to you this way ?

I may have bought it last year. Is there any way of determining that I am a licensed user without my purchase info ? Can I send you a file from the software ? I have lost my transaction record due to HD crash.

It seems strange that my license would suddenly run out at this time.

This happens to people all the time. I always have to send people info so that they can re-license my software...

HD crash? Did you reinstall windows and lose all your data?

The registration info would have come via email, along with your registration details such as the email address you used and the password to enter the support center where the license info is stored. That is the account our Support center would need to locate.

If you can find the email you received at registration, copy it to me in a PM (private message) or send me the email info you used to register and I'll see if they can find it that way.

SE expired Dec 31, 2007

I lost my emails but had my critical files backed up.

################data deleted##############

I was able to download updates until a few weeks ago, well past Dec 2007.

DougPlumb

I passed the info through to CalamityJane.

I delete the data in this Topic to secure your privacy.

Raziel

Edited by Raziel v. Nosgoth

Doug,

We removed the emails and private info you posted but I did get it. Our current license database has none of those emails or name registered to any current license. If you have a order confirmation number, we could track it from that possibly, but I expect you aren't in there because your license was old and expired.

Doug,

We removed the emails and private info you posted but I did get it. Our current license database has none of those emails or name registered to any current license. If you have a order confirmation number, we could track it from that possibly, but I expect you aren't in there because your license was old and expired.

Hi Calamity,

I have a similar situation as Doug. I purchased Ad-aware Professional Version 6.0 in May 2003 and upgraded to Ad-Aware SE Professional in August 2004. I do, however, have all the emails and registration info from those transactions. Would you be able to extend your kind offer to examine those documents for me to see what my options are? Thanks.

Mister_M

Mister_M,

We cannot deal with registration and/or licensing issues here in the forums for free users as we don't have access to the registration database. You need to contact the Support Center. However, the old SE licenses purchased back in 2003/2004 expired some time ago. See this post

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...ost&p=65789

Sign in to follow this