Sign in to follow this  
ColTom2

Why AE Version Upgrades Take So Long?

Hi:

Why does it take Lavasoft so long to upgrade versions (33 days from 8.0.2 to 8.0.3 and 48 days from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4) and then they do not resolve a lot of the most pressing issues?

We continually read on the AE Forum of the same issue over and over and nothing seems to ever get corrected. Most software companies resolve application issues normally in a matter of days....not weeks and even over a month and half.

Is Lavasoft short experienced and trained personnel or what is their probelm? Even the Moderator Casey Boy made a posting awhile back where he expressed his concern as to the way some things were going.

Ad-aware used to be one of the hottest and most effective applications out, but not so today. It is fraught with seemingly endless systemic operational problems in which they seem to not be able to resolve in a normal period of time.

Somebody in upper level management needs to get a handle of what is going on with the AE version and accomplish whatever is necessary to get Lavasoft's Ad-aware back to where it once was.

And hopefully soon....

ColTom2

Even the Moderator Casey Boy made a posting awhile back where he expressed his concern as to the way some things were going.

Somebody in upper level management needs to get a handle of what is going on

Casey Boy is a volunteer moderator, so his views should not be taken as official Lavasoft. But it certainly does look like 8.0.4 was released too early, even after 44 days. Better to wait and release a version which works than to beat a deadline and release something that will leave you wiping egg off your face.

Casey Boy is a volunteer moderator, so his views should not be taken as official Lavasoft.

You're quite correct visitor, the thing is CoolTom2 here has just the same powers as I do.

I agree the program updates can be slow to come out, but like visitor says, you have to first find the code causing the issue (if applicable) then actually write the updates and then send any program updates through quality control to be tested, then if there's something wrong they have begin this whole process again. You don't want to throw any old update out.

Also you will note, every updated version released, generally, fixes a multitude of bugs - not just one or two. So Lavasoft, I guess, wait until they can collate a few together.

Casey

Edited by casey_boy

Hi:

I fully understand that Casey Boy is a volunteer Moderator and my hat is off to him as well as all the other volunteers. Without their superb help and assistance Lavasoft would never get the job done.

I feel that Lavasoft should serve both these volunteers, as well as us the consumer better. I go back to my original statement about Lavasoft's current dilemma with their AE version. In fact, in a prior posting sometime back I asked if AE was even Beta tested due to so many problems. I don't think there is any doubt in anyone's mind that this application should not have been released when it was.

Again someone in upper level management at Lavasoft needs to reassess their abilities to put forth a better product than the AE version and also correct application problems in a timely manner.

Frankly I don't know how much longer Casey Boy and his other volunteers can tolerate the current climate. A BIG salute to all of them!

ColTom2

Well ColTom, you've been online here since 2006 and beta tested 2007, so did you hear of any talk of beta testing AE? Your other point about possible personnel issues got me thinking it could be a combination of factors. The global economic downturn may have caused job layoffs and a credit crunch. Releasing a new version generates much needed revenue, even if the product's not ready for market. Then the problems are sorted out online here which, in effect, has made us involuntary beta testers.

Well it now has been over a month since the last AE version 8.0.4 came out and still we have not seen a newer version 8.0.5.

Hopefully in the near future we will see a new version that will correct most of the problems that have lingered for so long and posted over and over.

However I am not betting on it....

ColTom2

Sign in to follow this