Sign in to follow this  
sfmarcopolo

installation problems

Just uninstalled Adaware SE and installed Adaware Free AE. Installation gave me a blue screen after downloading many many updates. This was the most unusual installation of a program I have ever encountered because the initial download was about 32 megs but upon installation it downloaded so many other files I was wondering why is it doing this? It seemed the intire 32 megs was being updated. The Blue screen said that completion of operation not complete. Upon reboot Adaware places notice on screen that wont go away saying something like adaware is loading. It never completes loading and to remove "loading" message I had to uninstall adaware. Help

sfmarcopolo

-install 'Revo uninstaller'*

-open Revo , locate Ad-Aware AE and tick uninstall

-choose the highest mode

-Revo will search for the AE uninstaller, if it can't be found, no problem, proceed with Revo

-Revo will ask for a system restore point - do that

-proceed til the uninstaller says , ready

Now the leavings

-install 'Windows Installer CleanUp Utility'*

-open Wicu and delete ALL Lavasoft/Ad-Aware references

-locate your SE and AE folders (C/program files/Lavasoft) and delete them entirely

-navigate to Documents & Settings/All Users/Application Data (hidden files !) and delete the entire Lavasoft folder

-press Win + >R< / type 'cleanmgr'/ enter / drive C = ok / tag temp. files + temp. internet files + recycle bin and fire it up

Reboot

Now you should be able to start a clean AE installation

Raziel

Sign in to follow this