Sign in to follow this  
Hurlamania

Ad-Aware SE Pro

I Have Ad-Aware Professional Build 1.06r1 Definitions SER143 08.01.2007 859days old It won't update so I came here it says it is not supported ect... ect... Log in to update... I have no log in, don't recall ever having one!

"you are eligible to upgrade to Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition free of charge.

To upgrade your software please contact us by logging-in to the Lavasoft Support Center."

I don't even see where to re download the old one in case i need to reinstall it (I will soon when I upgrade my OS) Unless I can back-up the main folder?

I Don't Know I need some help...

Edited by Hurlamania

The final definitions for SE Pro dated 2009-03-30 can be dowloaded here:

http://download.lavasoft.com/public/defs.zip

Extract the file (defs.ref) into the Ad-Aware file, replacing the old definitions.

This will at least bring you into 2009, LOL.

I don't even see where to re download the old one in case i need to reinstall it

You're not going to find the SE Pro installer at Lavasoft since it's no longer supported. You might be able to find it floating around on the internet somewhere, but most places probably have AE by now.

Anyhow, since SE Pro definitions are no longer updated, you should just install AE after upgrading your OS. As far as the free upgrade, I'll bet your old SE Pro license has already expired. You'd need to contact customer support to see if you're still in the system (you'll need the email address used when you registered SE Pro).

If you don't get AE Pro, there's still AE Free available. If you go this route, a word of caution. If you go to the AE forum here, you'll see there's some problems with the latest update 8.0.4. If the initial install of AE Free is 8.0.3 or below, you might want to turn off the auto update feature and not update via the program GUI. I have 8.0.3 and avoided the problems with 8.0.4. I only update the definitions manually.

I am kinda in the same boat as the OP. I have AD-Aware SE Profesional Build 1501. However I was able to upgrade my definitions to SE1R345 30.03.2009. However when I went to upgrade my definitions it said there was a newer version availible. (1.06). so I click ok and it brings me to the web page http://www.lavasoft.com/single/update_ad_aware_se2.php. On that site it gives me a few options. either buy a new one, or if I have a valid license I can click on the support center. Now I asume I have a valid license since when I bought it, it said I would recieve all future upgrades becouse I bought the more exspensive ones. So I then goto this site http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/index.php. which requires me to log in. I put in my regular password for that era and it does not work. so I then goto lost passwords. It requires me to put in my email to retrieve my password. However when I do it says that email is not in the system. (either of the emails are not in the system, and I have had the same email for over 10 years now.) and they are the emails I would have used when I first got this product. Now becouse I was not able to log into the support center I was not able to contact support.

So my question is how do I contact support to figure out how to resolve this? and where do I find my license information?

Again Ruges it sounds like your license has expired - thus you are no longer in the system and are not eligible for the free upgrade to AE pro.

Instead, you will have to uninstall SE and install AE free. Or, alternitively, you can purchase a new license for AE plus or pro.

The product comparison chart is here: http://lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/produ...rison_chart.php

Casey

Again Ruges it sounds like your license has expired - thus you are no longer in the system and are not eligible for the free upgrade to AE pro.

Instead, you will have to uninstall SE and install AE free. Or, alternitively, you can purchase a new license for AE plus or pro.

The product comparison chart is here: http://lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/produ...rison_chart.php

Casey

I am pretty sure that when I got it there was no 3 year license or anythinglike that. It was you can puchace the standard version, or the pro version and the pro version included all future upgrades, and it was one of the reasons I purchaced it instead of the standard version.

Hi Ruges,

I have AD-Aware SE Profesional Build 1501
I am pretty sure that when I got it there was no 3 year license or anythinglike that.

AAW SE V6, Build 1.05 was released in September 2004 - at least, that is when I downloaded it (have just found an old backup copy).

You are correct in that the licensing model was different back then. I purchased AAW Plus back in 2001 - version 5.61 (and Ad-Watch v2.4, as they were separate programs back then). Basically, all of the releases from AAW 5, to AAW 6, to AAW SE, were upgrades to the original technology, and the updates were free.

However, in 2007, Lavasoft released a completely new product, built from scratch to meet the needs of the current, highly-evolving malware. This product requires annual licensing for the Plus/Pro versions - LS have committed to always providing a Free version as well.

When AAW 2007 was released, for a period there was a discount for existing AAW SE license holders to upgrade to a licensed version of the new technology.

I am certain that this discount was only for a few months, however I will PM you with an address where you can check -when you log into the forum, look for "New Messages" in the top-right corner. Never hurts to try ;)

Regards,

Spike

Wow. This REALLY SUCKS! I, too, bought the expensive, ALL FUTURE UPDATES INCLUDED, version. And, I dont give a crap what they want to call it. It isn't a brand new product. It is an UPGRADE. PERIOD.

Not very honerable, these people at Lavasoft. They have a pretty neat free service and I bought the expensive model out of gratitude for their freebieness. In actuality, The Ad-Watch has never stopped a D*mn thing except slow down my pc.

I made a charity contribution and this is the thanks I get. :)

Ad-Watch has never stopped a D*mn thing except slow down my pc.

I made a charity contribution and this is the thanks I get. B)

So go with the free version, it's still *free*. Ad-Watch's not stopping something doesn't mean it not's working, it could mean you just safe-surf like me. How often have you paid insurance premiums and never made a claim? Are you just as angry about that? That's the problem with internet culture, everyone expects everything for free.

Sign in to follow this