Sign in to follow this  
dragonease

Ad-Aware 2008 Update is not working!

I cannot update the definitions on my Adaware 2008 - it goes to update screen but the bar is grayed out. If you try again you get the message that the server is busy. How do I get around this? Thanks.

I cannot update the definitions on my Adaware 2008 - it goes to update screen but the bar is grayed out. If you try again you get the message that the server is busy. How do I get around this? Thanks.

I continue to have the same problem again today as well.

I continue to have the same problem again today as well.

I have Ad-Aware 2008 on three individual pc's at home and yes, all of them have stopped updating. I am also receiving the message to update to Ad-Aware AE. I know this is free, but maybe this is now a "necessity" due to 2008 not being updated any more?

Ha - just looked back at the main forum page and its printed next to the Ad-Aware 2008 forum that it's "time to update to AE" ... so there you go. I guess we need to update.

Edited by myobgirl

I have Ad-Aware 2008 on three individual pc's at home and yes, all of them have stopped updating. I am also receiving the message to update to Ad-Aware AE. I know this is free, but maybe this is now a "necessity" due to 2008 not being updated any more?

Ha - just looked back at the main forum page and its printed next to the Ad-Aware 2008 forum that it's "time to update to AE" ... so there you go. I guess we need to update.

You don't have to upgrade to the Anniversary Edition. AA 2008 Free is still supported. There is a slight hiccup at the moment with the def updates for aa 2008.

Edited by charlie2

You don't have to upgrade to the Anniversary Edition. AA 2008 Free is still supported. There is a slight hiccup at the moment with the def updates for aa 2008.

Thanks Charlie2 & Casey Boy ... will wait to see what happens over the next couple of days. :huh:

I get the pop up when i open adaware to update, to ae, i keep hitting later, just keep using 2008?

it's on the interface, not really a popup.

thanks

Edited by SHORTSTOP

i keep hitting later, just keep using 2008?

I tend to believe "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I used SE until the definitions were discontinued.

Is anyone else experiencing issues again with AA 2008 updates? My last update was june 27. Getting error messages about check internet connection or server busy. Tried a manual update via start, programs, lavasoft, etc and received the following:

"Getting updates...

XML format error

Installation finished

Failed to retrieve update data"

Any advice or assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by lukie57

Is anyone else experiencing issues again with AA 2008 updates? My last update was june 27. Getting error messages about check internet connection or server busy. Tried a manual update via start, programs, lavasoft, etc and received the following:

"Getting updates...

XML format error

Installation finished

Failed to retrieve update data"

Any advice or assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The same thing is happening to me.

My ad aware 2008 stopped updating a while ago then it started updating again which I was really pleased about but 3 day's ago it stopped updating again and is saying the same as last time connection 2 server failed which is wrong as I am connected!!! this is so annoying can any1 pls help me as I need 2 update my ad aware. I don't like the 2009 version/anniversary edition it seems so complicated. I'm hoping like last time that the problem will get sorted but as of today it has'nt. :)

Edited by visitor
merged with 2nd post in similar topic

Could you guess try to download the latest defintion file from Lavasoft's site instead and manually install that?

It should fix any issue with corrupt def files.

Casey

I am a computer morone and I do not know how to do that.

Thanks Charlie2 & Casey Boy ... will wait to see what happens over the next couple of days. :rolleyes:

hiya my ad aware 2008 stopped working a few weeks ago then restarted updating again but then 3 day's ago it is saying the same as last time which is cannot connect 2 server but I am connected. This is so annoying I don't like the ad aware 2009 version/anniversary edition it seems so complicated so when I saw what you wrote I thought yeyy it might start working again. If mine start's updating I will let u know and can u tell me when and if ur's starts updating again I would be very grateful thanx and hope that our ad aware starts updating again soon xxx;) thanx pixibellxxx :lol:

Could you guess try to download the latest defintion file from Lavasoft's site instead and manually install that?

Casey

I've the same messages shown for 3 days now. Casey, I don't seem to find my Ad-Aware 2008's latest definition from its security center. Is it the same as the Anniversary Edition version shown? And kindly pass the said manual installation link, if available. Thanks.

The same thing is happening to me.

I've been getting the same this happened a few weeks ago and then it started updating again but then on the 27th mine stopped working again saying the same thing but I am connected. I have seen that sum1 has said give it a few day's and they think it will start updating again so hope this is right.I don't like the 2009 version/anniversary version it seems so complicated. :lol:

Casey

I did that but it is still not working.

My computer is clean.

I did that but it is still not working.

My computer is clean.

Casey - thanks for the advice on downloading and manually installing updated def file. Sorry if I'm letting you down here..for some reason I cant even get that to work. I did this no prob few weeks ago when we had the last update bust. But tonight - downloaded, extracted, pointed to it via web update settings, but aa is not recognizing the 7/1 date on def files - still showing 6/27. Tried a few times thinking I must be screwing something up but cant get it to take. Sorta frustrating, feeling stuck. Machine seems clean, macafee scan good, 6/27 aa scan good. What more can we try - are others also experiencing this issue again. Again with many thanks for your patient help!

update. apparently I did successfully download the latest def file 0148.0063 dated 7-1. But on the status screen it still shows 6-27 date for some reason. But - the main thing is even after downloading the new def file as you advised - still getting the same ole error messages about server, etc.

Edited by lukie57

Ok what gives now, the mouse broke the wheel ?? Cannot update Adware 2008, keeps saying server not connected try checking your internet connection, huuummmmm Lava try fixing your problem. So what gives are yall trying to force AE down our backs and force us to give up 2008 ??

Seams to me these problems are getting worst. Should we start looking for something better ??

How about an answer to all these people who are having problems and no one replies or says anything ?? This is starting to get nuts!!

I am also having the same problem and same error message. I really don't want to upgrade to another version. Will Lavasoft look into this?

I am also having the same problem and same error message. I really don't want to upgrade to another version. Will Lavasoft look into this?

the lack of any response or assistance by lavasoft really is pretty disapointing - this is the 2nd aa 2008 update issue in a month. if not for our advanced users, and moderators like casey, etc who likely volunteer purely on their own time to help us, I guess we would be totally out of luck. this kind of user support by LS really does make one think twice about making a purchase. I know this is a free product but still a little communication and assist by LS really would have gone a long way to encouraging me to become a customer / recommend to friends etc. Have a good weekend everyone.

Getting updates...

XML format error

Installation finished

Failed to retrieve update data

Edited by lukie57

Well, with a free product comes free support - volunteers. I'm fairly new here, but apparently communication channels via this forum to Lavasoft have vastly improved. There's a lot going on "behind the scenes" with Lavasoft staff. They monitor the forums but have to prioritize issues - and there are a lot of issues - not to mention ongoing product development.

You just have to realize that a handful of users experiencing a problem out of 1000s of members here and millions of users worldwide isn't going to be treated like a pandemic or epidemic since it may boil down to a user's system configuration vs. a software coding problem.

The current problem with 2008 remains a mystery as far as I know. The last time was too - it seemed to come and go by itself and I'm not sure if any action was taken by the software team. In the mean time, I think it's best to stick with 2008 since there seems to be only 1 problem right now. AE has potentially more issues involved.

Mine still not working, ive tried everything i can find on the forums/faqs to try & do to update manually/auto & still not updating.. my last update was 06/21 , my ver is 7.1.0.12, def 0148.0055 believe it is..hoping Lavasoft will fix something soon so were not all forced to go to Anniversary edition. For those previous posters ref anniversary edition, i tried it & it seemed bloated so i uninstalled it & came back to ver 2008..like this ver much more..

Well some people are claiming it's fixed, but every time I click to update all I'm getting is an error that says: "No connection to download server" and "Check Internet Connection", despite the fact everything is fine my end. So yeah, I'd say it's not actually fixed yet.

Edited by bobbette

I'm waiting it out like you guys do since my last defination "60" update a week or so ago. The scan is working today but not the update from all routes. I don't mind to switch to the Anniversary Edition if it is stable on all fronts. So far it seems to have the same update issues and more.

Edited by Louis Kam

Sign in to follow this