• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sdsman

download core.zip taking too long

7 posts in this topic

Because of issues with home connection, I am downloading through a high speed connection that has a proxy. I can't get the proxy to connect though to the updates, so I am just downloading core.zip. I had a 5 meg file from another site download in a few minutes, and so far I've tried to download the core.zip file 4 times and the maximum speed I am getting is 15k sec, so it was going to take almost an hour. Then the speed drops to 9k sec. The first time the download failed after getting about 6 meg.

Hi,

Firstly when you say you can't get the proxy to connect, have you tried entering the proxy settings in Ad-Aware's settings?

Secondly, you might find the download speed slow if there is heavy traffic on the server - this normally occurs when an update is just released (or when America wakes up).

Casey

Hi,

Firstly when you say you can't get the proxy to connect, have you tried entering the proxy settings in Ad-Aware's settings?

Secondly, you might find the download speed slow if there is heavy traffic on the server - this normally occurs when an update is just released (or when America wakes up).

Casey

I have always had difficulty getting AdAware connecting through the proxy, even when I set the proxy and password correctly. It just times out. Also I'm eastern time Zone and I tried this before the majority of the USA wakes up. I just tried again. Still no luck.

I have always had difficulty getting AdAware connecting through the proxy, even when I set the proxy and password correctly. It just times out. Also I'm eastern time Zone and I tried this before the majority of the USA wakes up. I just tried again. Still no luck.

here's a picture when I downloaded itunes and adaware core.zip file.

post-41000-1243892336.jpg

I've just checked the download over here and I've been getting varying speeds but nothing worse that 30kB/s, which while not fast shouldn't be unbearably slow.

Can I ask you not to cancel the download for 10 mins, no matter how slow it may seem, because I had a few that started off at 0.4bytes/s but then sped up. Let me know how this goes, thanks.

(it may have something to do with the fact that although it's supposed to redirect to mirrors all the downloads seemed to come from download.lavasoft.com.)

Thanks,

GoddersUK

I've just checked the download over here and I've been getting varying speeds but nothing worse that 30kB/s, which while not fast shouldn't be unbearably slow.

Can I ask you not to cancel the download for 10 mins, no matter how slow it may seem, because I had a few that started off at 0.4bytes/s but then sped up. Let me know how this goes, thanks.

(it may have something to do with the fact that although it's supposed to redirect to mirrors all the downloads seemed to come from download.lavasoft.com.)

Thanks,

GoddersUK

I spent yesterday trying all day about every 20-30 minutes, and had the same results. However this morning, it downloaded in a minute and a half. Thanks for listening to me whine. :)

No probs... guessing it must have been a problem with the servers.

Well I'll close the thread now, but if you have any more problems just start a new thread, or PM a mod and ask for this one to be reopened.

GoddersUK :)