Sign in to follow this  
TrishMac

Last scan not being "saved".

I scan my computer every week, without fail. However, everytime I go in and click the scan button, it tells me there are no previous scans done. :)

everytime I go in and click the scan button, it tells me there are no previous scans done.

You mean on the main screen, under the green radar and "Scan System," there is no "Last Scan Date" nor "Last Scan Mode?"

I had something similar happen after I changed a scan setting. The last scan date reverted back to a few days prior. I stopped/restarted AE, but no change. I just did a SmartScan to update, and it's been fine since then.

Just out of curiosity, check to see if AE is setting log files for your scans:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs

You should see dated scan files with names like "Scan_2009-06-09-18-30-43.log" I'm not sure if this is where the GUI extracts the date info, but if you don't have log files, then something is amiss.

The retention of the "Last Scan Date" might be working for you, but not for me and a lot of others.

We all are hoping that the next version upgrade will resolve this issue which has been going on for a long long time.

ColTom2

The retention of the "Last Scan Date" might be working for you, but not for me and a lot of others.

We all are hoping that the next version upgrade will resolve this issue which has been going on for a long long time.

ColTom2

That answers that then - and saves me having to ask!!

ColTom2

ColTom2,

A while back I, also, was having the same problem (No Previous Scans) as you. Well, they just released a new update and it did nothing to help this problem (8.06). I don't think they'll ever fix this. Have you had any luck with the latest upgrade?

Sign in to follow this