Sign in to follow this  
ColTom2

New AE Version 8.0.6 DOES NOT Fix Last Scan Date

Hi:

I just installed AE Version 8.0.6 upgrade on both my Sony desktop VGC-RA715G and Toshiba laptop Satellite 1135-S155 and this upgrade DOES NOT fix the problem of retaining the Last Scan Date and Statistics after reboot. Ran both Smart and Full scans.

I have never known an application of any type to take so long and NOT resolve an outstanding issue such as this. Something is amiss with Lavasoft Technical Support. Let me repeat once again that the problem is certainly not their Forum volunteers who are just outstanding, but their fulltime technical support staff.

I am thinking seriously of uninstalling Lavasoft AE, as this problem has been going on for months now. I no longer feel secure in using this application as I once did. I am even more skeptical after reading where AE "Hosed" some computers after corrective action was taken applicable scan findings.

Something needs to change....

ColTom2

Running XP MCE(2005) SP3 on Sony

AVG 8.5.374

Windows Defender 1.59.1267.0

A-Squared 4.0.0.6

Malwarebytes 1.37

XP Home SP3 on Toshiba

AVG 8.5.374

Windows Defender 1.59.1267.0

A-Squared 4.0.0.6

Malwarebytes 1.37

All current Windows Updates installed.

Hi again CoolTom2,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing! Don't give up just yet, there is beta running at the moment on a second release of AE - maybe this will help :)

Casey

Not yet, invites will be sent out soon I believe :)

So why was I able to sign into the Beta section and grab it last night ?

Funny thing is all bug posts and downloads are now removed.

We think, and we don't have official word on it yet, that the beta center went up a little early and so was then later pulled down. I did excatly the same thing and in fact reported a few things as well - but you'll notice you didn't get an email about it. So I think it will go back up when everyone recieves the invitation email.

Hi and am glad to see, so to speak, some others are having the same issue as I am. I am not running Vista yet and when AE first came out I had no problems. This "Not yet performed" where the date last scanned should display @ Status has only recently started happening. I believe it's been going on like that for me for about 3 weeks. I am able to update just fine and it does display the last update, date, however nada on the last scan display area?

Now I am wondering if the items removed have been removed or they have it is just NOT displaying the date of the last scan. :)

Any ideas on how to fix this? I have uninstalled/reinstalled 4 times. I use Norton I.S 2009 and there are no conflicts between the 2 programs.

Many thnaks! :rolleyes:

chris41,

This is simply a "bug" with the program on some computers. So long as you make sure you do scan regularaly you'll be fine. As of yet, we have found no way to workaround this issue. So I know it's annoying but it's not a critical problem.

Casey

Sorry, ColTom2,

I didn't find this answer until after I posted my question. I guess they'll get to this "bug" when they're good and ready.

stobk

Edited by casey_boy
Mod. Edit. Removed uneeded large quote. Casey

Sign in to follow this