• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaronuts

Something is recreating aaw7boot.log

8 posts in this topic

I uninstalled Ad-Aware AE a couple weeks ago but I think there is some program function leftover from it that keeps creating and writing to the C:\aaw7boot.log

What is it and how can i get rid of it?

Wow, a lot of uninstall problems today. I've posted this a few times:

The add/remove uninstaller appears to be sloppy leaving bits behind. I just posted this in another thread:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry107038

Revo Uninstaller has no value in this case because Ad-Aware AE has already been uninstalled.

Revo Uninstaller can't see what was left over in order to get rid of it.

So the problem still persists.

It is amazing that Lavasoft does not know what causes this or have an answer to deal with it unless I have missed reading it on the forum.

Please give me the direct link to Lavasoft's solution instead of links to more software.

Unfortunately, I've never seen an "official" solution to any software with a sloppy uninstaller. These cases usually require a manual cleanup or use of an uninstaller program. If you're a paid user of AE Plus or Pro, you can contact Lavasoft Customer Support; otherwise, you're stuck with this forum and the www.

Unfortunately, I've never seen an "official" solution to any software with a sloppy uninstaller. These cases usually require a manual cleanup or use of an uninstaller program. If you're a paid user of AE Plus or Pro, you can contact Lavasoft Customer Support; otherwise, you're stuck with this forum and the www.

OK.

You are saying or suggesting that users of Lavasoft freeware must make a purchase of Lavasoft paid software to resolve this issue at hand that exists stemming from the freeware that they offer the computing community?

Whoever runs the show around here might entertain the idea of talking to a lawyer.

Edited by visitor
merged 2 posts

Whoever runs the show around here might entertain the idea of talking to a lawyer.

I'll bet the EULA says something to the effect of "use at own risk."

We'll report this for you to see if this has ever been reported before and if there is a known fix. Hold tight.

In the mean time could you check your program files to see if a Lavasoft folder still exists, and if so, what is contained therein?

Casey

Edited by casey_boy

Hey guys

It seems like sometimes the uninstaller can leave behind lsdelete... This is a application that removes stuff on boot of the system (for those extra sneaky malware).

The file is located in c:/windows/system32/

If you remove it manually from there the issue should go away. Also, we will work on making sure the installer captures this file better.

Regards,

Jeff