Sign in to follow this  
thromada

Ad-Aware with SAVCE or SEP

Hi all and Lavasoft,

First, has anybody here or any of your customers had any issues with running Ad-Aware along with Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10.x or running Ad-Aware along with Symantec Endpoint Protection? If so, what issues and are they resolved or still a problem?

Also, is anybody running Ad-Aware Enterprise or the newly renamed Ad-Aware Business Edition? Is the management console worth it? We're evaluating two different malware products to run along with SAVCE. The centralized management console with Ad-Aware seems appealing.

Regards,

Tom.

Hi,

Here in these support forums we don't get many members using the corporate or business version and I'm not sure it would conflict as our personal products do. I will try to see if I can find someone who can answer your questions, but meanwhile you might want to contact our Worldwide Sales Department to assist in discussing our business products and solutions directly. You can email them at: [email protected]

Hi Visitor,

I saw your previous reply but still wanted to ask a different way in another forum. No disrespect intended and I'm certainly not trying to make posting here inefficient. It's simply like LS CalamityJane said, I don't see posts from business customers, or even a forum for that product. Possible reasons are either there are not many business customers, business customers are running non-business versions, or the business product runs great and users don't need help from other users.

I'm just trying to get an honest feel for the stability of this product from other users in a business environment as it runs with another scanning program (SAVCE). Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Tom.

Hi Tom,

No problem, wasn't sure if you'd seen my reply and wanted to clarify that the conflict with SEP had carried over from version 2008 to AE.

Another reason you don't see enterprise customers here is that they get official Lavasoft Support, whereas this forum is geared toward free users. If nothing else, the Trial Center says you can test drive Business Edition for 30 days by contacting [email protected]

Hi Tom,

I sent you a PM earlier on contacting our Sales department with any additional questions you might have, but I also thought this information from our QA and development teams might be useful, both to you and others interested in Ad-Aware Business Edition, so I’ll post it here –

In terms of the server-side (management console) you should not have any problems with running Business Edition with another scanning product.

In terms of the client-side (end point protection), the protection is based on Lavasoft’s Ad-Aware Pro version. Our QA department has not found any compatibility issues with the software you mentioned.

Again, thanks for your interest in the Business Edition and please don’t hesitate to contact us (either here through the Forums or by email) if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Erin

Lavasoft

Sign in to follow this