Sign in to follow this  
John M65

AE Stopped finding Cookies

Since July 18, 2009 AE has stopped reporting cookies :) . the OS is Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I also have a laptop running Vista Home Premium and it performs correctly. I can go to the same site then run Ad-Ware; the laptop will find the cookies and the desktop 64 bit will not.

My browser is Firefox and the browsers are both configured the same on each machine. July 18 is as far back as I can go with AE.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

John M.

My browser is Firefox and the browsers are both configured the same on each machine.

Are the settings for AE on both the same? Settings - Scanning - Sections to Scan - Tracking Cookies

Also, check the Ad-Aware results for the one not working. If the action taken for the cookies is set to "Ignore," they will no longer be detected.

Lastly, check the browser settings under Extras - TrackSweep

This shouldn't matter since TrackSweep is manually executed, but it's another place cookies appear in the options.

Are the settings for AE on both the same? Settings - Scanning - Sections to Scan - Tracking Cookies

Also, check the Ad-Aware results for the one not working. If the action taken for the cookies is set to "Ignore," they will no longer be detected.

Lastly, check the browser settings under Extras - TrackSweep

This shouldn't matter since TrackSweep is manually executed, but it's another place cookies appear in the options.

I check the settings and they appear to be the same. However I did make a mistake the 64 bit is running 'PRO' and the Laptop is running 'Plus' my mistake, I just looked at the AE. I checked the 'quarantine' and 'ignore list' and they are both empty. I may remove and re-install but not yet!

Thanks for your comments.

John