Sign in to follow this  
kjj911

Help...I am infected!

Hi,

A screenshot might help me get better clue. Could you provide one? If the issue is Outlook Express related then SP3 might fix it (it's always recommended to make backups of important things before this kind of major update will be installed in case something goes wrong).

Hi Blade,

Someone suggested unchecking "certify email" in AVG....didn't think anything there was changed but it seems to have

corrected the problem. HTML emails now show as they should unstead of blank pages. Let me know if you think I

should not have done that as the fix.

You said to do a backup before doing things like SP3 download. I know when I read the details it made me think I didn't

want to do it. How exactly do I do a backup before doing something like that?

Thanks again!

KJ

Hi,

Someone suggested unchecking "certify email" in AVG....didn't think anything there was changed but it seems to have

corrected the problem. HTML emails now show as they should unstead of blank pages. Let me know if you think I

should not have done that as the fix.

That's ok :P

How exactly do I do a backup before doing something like that?

Backuping here means mainly taking copies of those items that are important to you (pictures, music, videos etc) to some separate media. Most sp3 upgrades go smoothly without issues but it's good to be prepared.

Ok Thanks! I think I am all set now :)

Thank you so much for all of your help....couldn't have cleaned this one myself!

Thanks,

KJ

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact the staff member who was helping you with your issue.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you !