• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prebbj

Windpws 7 - Ad-Aware

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Tomorrow Windowa 7 RTM will be released via Microsoft's MSDN and TechNet and I am asking, when will Ad-Aware be released where Ad-Watch is working?

Regards Preb_dk

Ad-Watch is working - it just needs a little extra.

To activate Ad-Watch on Windows 7:

For a 32bit operating system.

Go to, (the default installed location)

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\drivers\32

Right click on the 'lbd.inf' file and choose install, reboot the computer.

For a 64bit operating system.

Go to, (the default installed location)

C:\Program Files(x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\drivers\64

Right click on the 'lbd.inf' file and choose install, reboot the computer.

However, I can try and find out what sort of timeframe we are looking at for full installation.

casey

Hi Casey_boy,

That did not do the trick, Ad-Watch can't be activated. The only thing that happens, is that Ad-Aware is asking to have my PC re-booted every time I start the PC or make an update. So what now?

I am running Windows 7 build 7200 and from tomorrow or when I can have acces the MS servers I an going to run Windows 7 build 7600 RTM and I am not going to re-install Ad-Aware.

All other Anti-virus / -spyware manufactures does not have any problems, it seems, with Windows 7, so why Ad-Aware?

Regards

preb_dk

Well the thing is I'm not running into any problems at all with Windows 7 (RC1) and Ad-Aware and I know that's the same for a lot of users.

What other security software do you have installed then?

Casey

Hi casey_boy,

I am running ESET Internet Security.

Preben

NB! Ad-Aware is running OK with Vista Ultimate 64 together with ESET.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0