Sign in to follow this  
sonocalabrese

Summer Special Notification

I received a notification from Lavasoft about a summer special price of $9.95 to upgrade AAWAE in a window above the system tray. There were two buttons in the window. The text of one read something like "More Info", and the text of the other read "No Thanks". I clicked on the "More Info" button, the window was removed, but nothing else happened. I viewed the Lavasoft home page, but did not notice a summertime special link. Was this message valid?

Probably. From time to time you will get notifications such as these if you are using the free version.

I will see if any others report this. What country do you live in by the way? Since the offer may depend on your locale.

Casey

Hi,

Just noticed this thread. Yes, that was a valid message and a current offer.

If you missed the window and wanted to get details on it, you can email our Sales team and ask them to send you the info:

[email protected]

So THAT's what that was!

I had some Lavasoft window present recently after resuming from DPMS. It went away by itself before I could read it.

My Trinitron 19" CRT monitor is pretty long in the tooth and the 1152x864 is a bit blurry until it warms up and I was looking for my magnifying glass to read what the message was all about and it went away before I could read it. Never seen it since then. AND, mind you, that happened before I resolved the AAWTray service thing I was experiencing. I was fairly certain it wasn't a notification of malware; I assumed it to be acknowledgement of an update having had occured. Dunno.

FWIW, updates should be configurable, i.e., auto check/download/install, auto check/notify, or manual. It just bothers me that an autoupdate, i.e., download or install, is occuring at the moment of system shutdown.

I just got a popup (OK, notification) from AdAware advertising its pro version. Can someone please explain to me why it's OK for an anti-ad program to distract me with ads of its own.

Much thanks

Jared