Sign in to follow this  
Solokan

Malware

Hi,

I don't want to say that it was completely impossible but more sensible solution would be reformat. We may spend much time with this and still end up to reformat solution.

Hi,

There's a good tutorial about reformatting made by wng_z3r0 here.

Hi,

If you insist to take cleaning route then we can continue. Before that however I want to know if this folder really exists or if the name has been sensored?

c:\documents and settings\Lee ##notallowed

This will affect to fix later and that's why it's better to sort it out.

Before we can do any further fixing you have to copy clean ndis.sys to your c: drive. We'll put it in correct location then.

You'll need your XP Home Edition media for this.

Click start->run->write cmd and press enter. Command prompt with black background should open up.

Write (x is the cd drive with XP Home Edition media in it, replace with actual drive letter):

x: [ENTER][/b]

cd i386 [ENTER]

expand ndis.sy_ c:\ [ENTER]

When done, check that ndis.sys file has appeared to your c: root (c:\).

Hi,

I have estimated this thing once more and I don't want to leave cleaning as an option. System is too badly infected. You do right thing by backing up important data to your external drive or cd/dvd medias and then reformat the system.

You're welcome. Sometimes reformat is more sensible thing to do than cleaning attempt. Here we had to use that way cos the system was so badly infected.