Sign in to follow this  
mlavender

"failed to connect to service" suggestions FAILED

After installing Ad-Aware Ann Ed to replace an ailing 2008 version, I got the error message "failed to connect to service"

Following the helpful guidelines on the forum blogger and helpful troubleshooting suggestions on the Lavasoft website - STILL NOTHING!!

I have uninstalled Ad Aware using Revo & reinstalled it, 'installed' a Lavasoft Ad-Aware service manually, and still no service in local services directory.

I have treid to "run this programme" in the Ad-Aware Service.exe and Admin.exe, but found no option for Windows XP (only up to 2000).

Please help me, or I will have to revert back to Ad-Aware 2008, to get any protection at all.

All this fun for only $10 initial subscription.

Mark L

Hi,

Sorry to hear the suggestions haven't worked. When you say a $10 subscription have you bought a copy of pro/plus then? If so, you are entitled to contact Lavasoft support staff directly through the support center (these are the forums not the center itself). Use the link in my signature and log in with your account details and they should be able to help you :mellow:

Casey

Hi Casey Boy,

When I said I paid 10 pounds (English) it was a voluntary contribution to maintain antivirus research towards the Ad-Aware Free service. I therefore have no access to expensive experts, but appreciate your generous support.

Thanks,

Mark L

I have treid to "run this programme" in the Ad-Aware Service.exe and Admin.exe, but found no option for Windows XP (only up to 2000).

Hi

I have the same problem, "Windows XP' does not appear in the options list. What is the solution, please ?

Thanks

Taricot

Hi,

Please can you confirm what other security software you are using.

Thanks,

GoddersUK

Sign in to follow this