• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Malprodigy

General dissatisfaction with Ad-Aware AE Plus

I recently upgraded to AdAware AE plus, but i've only been Ad Aware AE recently since I got internet again.

1) Under "Scan Now" the text reads "Last scanned: mm/dd/yyyy". I've been scanning everything other day, including today, but this always reads "Last scanned: 8/16/2009" and no matter how much I scan, it will not change the date, it stays stuck on the 16th.

2) Since I installed Adaware AE, it hasn't found ANY spyware or adware. I find this very unusual, especially since when I used the older edition, It found 10 critical malwares easily every scan. Also, the live watch has yet to catch anything. Another thing that makes this suspicious, is with the large amount of dirty videos and bit torrent files that get downloaded to my comp, one would expect a nice volume of nasties from the internet. Why isn't this edition of Ad Aware catching anything?

Could anyone provide me with some help or info please? Thanks!

Since you have paid for AE Plus, contact Lavasoft via the link in my signature. Once you login at the customer support center, you have a choice of support by email and also by chat which they just added.

Malprodigy

Two important issues you just raised... I have been struggling with the very same questions for a few months now.

However, in your case, like Visitor says, you have a good basis for questioning them on both issues. Having only the free version, I am not in a position to argue with them and would be happy enough if they just come up with a solution for the recent freezing problem.

If you decide to query them, would you be so kind as to come back here and share with us any results from your contact with Lavasoft? I guess that quite a number of people could benefit from that, even the suckers like me…

By the way, do you experience the same problem (freezing during scan) with your Ad-Aware AE Plus version?

Thanks and regards.

FYI

Issue one is known bug (I've been away from here for a while, but I'm not aware that it's been fixed).

Issue two is likely to do with AAW AEs different response to tracking cookies and is nothing to worry about.

Lin Yu, please don't hijack other people threads. This is not even remotely related to freezing scans.

Thanks, GoddersUK.

Edited by GoddersUK
grammar

FYI

Issue one is known bug (I've been away from here for a while, but I'm not aware that it's been fixed.

Issue two is likely to do with AAW AEs different response to tracking cookies and is nothing to worry about.

Lin Yu, please don't hijack other people threads. This is not even remotely related to freezing scans.

Thanks, GoddersUK.

Mister GoddersUK,

I hate to have to disagree with you, sir. I DID NOT even try to hijack any other people's threads. My casual reference to the freezing scans is absolutely incidental to the thrust of my post, where I left it quite clear, in my humble opinion, that all I tried to do was to acknowledge the same problems and express my sympathy with Malprodigy's difficulties with Ad-Aware. Now, I apologize if this was not your reading but, to be sure, I would dare suggest that you ask Malprodgy whether he/she felt I was trying to hijack his/her thread...

Actually, if I'm allowed to air my opinion, it seems to me that the true purpose of your intervention here was to just scald me for whatever perceived sins you have devised in my post. In fact, what other material information did you provide, under your formal "FYI", besides vague and totally inconsequential generalities plus your misplaced admonition?

Have a great weekend, sir. You're worth it...

Lin Yu

I'm sorry if I caused you any offence but the general rule (~75% of the time) is new issue, new thread - even if the issues seem similar. It is a real pain trying to follow several specific cases through when they are all in one thread.

The information I provided was neither vague or inconsequential - the scan dates problem is a known bug that the dev team are looking into - it's important that we tell users if somethings a known bug otherwise they may spend time trying to fix something they can't.

Similar reasoning to the lack of malware applies - except that I had the added reason to reassure him that Ad-Aware was working fine in the regard.

As the OP has been given a resolution relevant to him I am now closing this thread in line with board policy to close resolved threads.

Malprodigy - if you would like this thread reopened to continue resolutions of your issues please PM a mod.