• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoddersUK

Potential Conflict between Ad-Aware and Norton on Windows Vista

2 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

Just to let you know that we've become aware of a potential conflict between Symantec's "Norton" software and Ad-Aware, particularly on the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. Essentially what's happening is that Norton is being a bit paranoid and jumping from fright whenever Ad-Aware tries to scan any of its files. This is confusing Ad-Aware which causes the scan to hang. We have let Lavasoft staff know and hopefully some kind of fix will be released asap (I can't promise anything though - especially as it appears that the problem is at Norton's end). It seems that Ad-Aware is not the only program having problems with this.

If this is affecting you and you are a Plus/Pro licensed user then I would advise you to contact the support centre for further advice, using the link in my signature. (I would particularly advise this as it ensures that Lavasoft have a good idea of how many users are being hit by the problem and a wide user base from which to compile data).

If you're a free user sit tight here and wait for further news.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope it'll be resolved soon.

GoddersUK

Update:

The best advice that we can give right now is that this is a Norton problem and that a workaround is to disable the "anti-tampering" function within the Norton software if you wish to scan with Ad-Aware or another anti-malware program. This problem does seem to affect other software too, not just Ad-Aware.

Edited by GoddersUK
Update
1 person likes this