Sign in to follow this  
mtylenol

AdAware AE never loads

Hi everyone,

Im using Windows XP Sp2 and have been using AdAware AE for some time and love it. I tried to load it today because I try and do a scan every week. When i double clicked on the icon, the Ad Aware AE screen appears and it says LOADING and it just hangs there. This is the first time this has ever happened. I wasn't running anything else, and tried running in safe mode as well.

Could this be a malware infection? And if so whats the best way to remove? running a hijack this log and posting for advice?

Thanks

Could this be a malware infection?

Possibly, but first let's determine if there could be another cause. Do you have any other security software installed on your computer?

And if so whats the best way to remove? running a hijack this log and posting for advice?

Yes, that will be the route we go down if all else fails :)

Casey

Possibly, but first let's determine if there could be another cause. Do you have any other security software installed on your computer?

Yes, that will be the route we go down if all else fails :)

Casey

Thanks for writing back casey boy. I have McAfee installed as well as spybot. Spybot was not running at the time. I also disable all the protections McAfee and tried running AdAware again and it didn't load either.

I also run Zonealarm but have never had this problem before.

When I tried to run it in Safe mode I shut all the security software off and still no go. Any other thoughts as to what else might be conflicting?

I have to step out for a few hours but once I get back if you think a HiJack This log might help I will definitely run one.

Thanks so much!

Brian

Edited by mtylenol