Sign in to follow this  
bo.elam

Lbd driver error

Hi everybody

I need help from somebody that knows how to get rid of error I get in event log every time I uninstall Ad awareAE.

I have used Windows own and Revo, and they uninstall the program well but the error always remain and comes up

in the event log. I have been trying to get out of this program for the last 6 months and the error happens every time.

For the oldies at the forum I know this is a known issue but nowhere I can find a definite answer to this situation. I

always end up reinstalling this program so I don't get that error in the event log, but I just don't use AAW and I

don't want it in my computer. So right now the program is disabled and stopped and will be like that until I am able to

try something else . I know you know but just in case you forgotten what the error said here goes

"service control manager event id 26" "the following boot start or system start driver failed to load" and of course its

talking about AAW driver Lbd.

Please help

Bo

Hi,

visitor accidently posted a link to a private part of the forum to which regular member's do not have access, however I have copied the solution for you:

Here is the solution:

I ran Autoruns for Windows http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx and screened

it closely and found the culprit. It was listed under HKLM\System|CurrentControlSet\Services and I unticked "Lbd" Ad-aware Mini-Filter Driver. Rebooted and the problem was gone.

However, to be sure I deleted all aspects of the Lavasoft Lbd driver problem failing to load on System Startup I ran

Regedit> HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services and deleted the "Lbd" entry.

Now it is entirely gone and no longer appears in Autoruns.

Casey

Hi,

visitor accidently posted a link to a private part of the forum to which regular member's do not have access, however I have copied the solution for you:

Casey

Thanks for your answer. So I guess I should uninstall and then go into regedit and delete the entry mentioned. Can

you please confirm.

Thanks

Bo

Yup, if you're sure you want to remove Ad-Aware then uninstall it and then delete the entry.

May I ask, is there any reason you're removing - a problem you need solving maybe?

Casey

Yup, if you're sure you want to remove Ad-Aware then uninstall it and then delete the entry.

May I ask, is there any reason you're removing - a problem you need solving maybe?

Casey

Thanks for asking Casey, I really don't have any problem, its just that Ad aware

has not found any malware on my computer in a long time. I had not used the

program since around march and this past weekend I remembered that I had it

and tried to uninstall, but of course I did get the error so I thought maybe in this

forum I could get some help. I did run a couple of scans on sunday just for record

and nothing came up, not even a cookie. My formula for staying clean for a year has

been using sandboxie(hardened)and then every once in a while doing a scan with

some supposedly powerful anti virus and anti malware and they never find nothing

either. Maybe you can read and learn about sandboxie and you ll be amaze of the

power that it has and you still can use Ad aware.

I just came from work and in a while I will let you know if i am able to handle this, if

not I will ask you for more help.

Thanks to you and visitor

Bo

Hi,

Casey

Good morning to you on the other side of the world Casey/visitor. I did download Autoruns

for windows by Russinovich and unticked Lbd Ad aware mini filter driver and it worked. No

more errors. I have not done the second part(regedit) and if its not needed I would prefer

not to do it. What do you think, do I have to do that or its not necessary.

Greetings to you from Nicaragua and long live the Uk.

Bo

Sorry for the bad link Bo, I'm glad Casey's on the ball, LOL. It's great that ColTom's suggestion fixed the errors. It may not be necessary to delete the lbd registry entry, but I think it's safe to do so - just cleaning up a Lavasoft entry that was left behind from the uninstall. Just in case, you can always backup the registry beforehand.