Sign in to follow this  
Dravinian

Failed to Connect to Service

I have Windows XP. When I install Ad-Aware Anniversary edition it installs ok, upon restart it begins ok and I can see the AAWservice running in processes. However, after a short time the program crashes and the AAWservice disappears from the processes. I then cannot start the process again and thus cannot start Ad-Aware.

I have tried the fixes listed on the front page. Uninstalling and re-installing...HJT will not install, the .exe appears in the process list...but it takes no processing power and nothing else happens.

The Lavasoft service appears in the services list when I do RUN services.msc and it is slated as being automatic but it isn't running and when I attempt to run the service it says Error 5: Access is Denied .....I even tried starting the service manually by starting AAWservice but it would not start.

Now really sure what I can do to get this program working, so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions would appreciate the help.

Please provide the following information to help me diagnose your issue

-Windows XP with what service pack?

-Anti Virus Program?

-Malware/Spyware scanners?

-has Ad-aware worked before?

@ Dravi,

Hi,

You have a malware infection.

Please post a topic in the HJT forum explaining that HJT and Ad-Aware both cannot run and someone will advise you further.

Casey

@ ComputerWizard,

HJT will not install

when I attempt to run the service it says Error 5: Access is Denied

are both classic signs of a malware infection and the best advise it to ask the user to post in the HJT forum for malware removal help B)

Casey

Edited by casey_boy

@ Dravi,

Hi,

You have a malware infection.

Please post a topic in the HJT forum explaining that HJT and Ad-Aware both cannot run and someone will advise you further.

Casey

@ ComputerWizard,

are both classic signs of a malware infection and the best advise it to ask the user to post in the HJT forum for malware removal help B)

Casey

Ok will post this message to the HJT forum.