• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hellesadaware

AdAware doesn't start automatic

2 posts in this topic

When PC is switched On (Vista Home 32bit) Windows Defender warns that AdAware is not running, and I have to start AdAware in Defender. I've sent the Licence no. repeatedly, however, it does not show in the L.no. window in the Manage y. l. window after restart.

The current situation started after a register authority conflict (error code 1406) that required assistance from MS to solve.

How long do you wait before starting it through Windows Firewall/Defender? Ad-Aware takes a long time to start at boot, so I sometimes get that warning too. Within a minute or two, Ad-Aware starts and the Defender message goes away.

For XP (not sure about Vista)

You might want to run services.msc - check that Lavasoft Ad-Aware service is set to "Automatic."

Also run msconfig - make sure Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service is checked in the Services tab and AAWTray is checked on the Startup tab.

Also, if you have a paid license for Plus/Pro, you should contact Lavasoft Customer Support via the link in my signature.