Sign in to follow this  
Hillyball

8.1 download fails

I too have had the problem with the popup but that is not concerning me right now. When I hit the Download Now button, the download appears to run smoothly and successfully. I power down and up again, open Ad-Aware and get the AE (8.0.8) I have done this twice but cannot even get version 8.1 so that I can have the same problems that the rest of you are having. Help. Please.

It actually may have saved time since installing 8.1 over AE doesn't always work well. Best thing to do is uninstall Ad-Aware completely before installing the new version. You can uninstall manually if you're good at finding/deleting files, folders, and registry entries or you can use revouninstaller.com. Use Revo on the highest setting to uninstall all Lavasoft Ad-Aware.

Then download the 8.1 installer:

http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Before installing, be sure to stop any other programs you have running, especially security programs. If you still have the installer for AE, don't delete it just yet. Make sure you get 8.1 running and you like it. A few people who have encountered problems have wanted to revert back to AE and requested where to download the installer, but it may be hard to find now that 8.1 is released.