Sign in to follow this  
ylisadad

8.1 Have a Problem?

I installed 8.1 which removed AE. I try to scan on the new install and it cuts off without explaination in less than 2-3 minutes.

I uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled 8.1, without success- same problem. HELP HELP. I'd hate to lose a valuable program

Edited by ylisadad

I have used for the past year Norton Antivirus 2009 with Ad-Aware without a problem. Since a couple of weeks ago Norton stops Ad-Aware from completing a scan on my computer that has Vista Home installed. The one that has XP is fine but I haven't updated it yet to the new 8.1 version, it is still the Anniversary edition version.

I uninstalled today the Norton Antivirus 2009 (expired) and installed Norton Internet Security 2010 on the computer with Vista. Same problem, scan starts but stalls soon after and the only way to stop it is to exit totally the program otherwise its keeps running but not scanning. The stop button does not stop the scanning process.

The one that has XP is fine but I haven't updated it yet to the new 8.1 version, it is still the Anniversary edition version.

I uninstalled today the Norton Antivirus 2009 (expired) and installed Norton Internet Security 2010 on the computer with Vista. Same problem, scan starts but stalls.

The Norton conflict stalling Ad-Aware scans is a known problem which Lavasoft says they're working with Norton to fix. It seemed to affect Vista, and carried over from AE to 8.1. Until it's fixed, you can temporarily disable Norton's Tamper Protection in the settings which will allow Ad-Aware scans to complete.

Hi,

Do you know on what section the scan stalled? Did the scan detect any items?

Casey

Thanks for responding. I ran 3 scan attempts in response to your message. The first one cut off in an area that read, in part: C documents and settings\owner\templets. That one cut off without warning, after running about 2 minutes.

The next 2 attempts cut off shortly after a miniute a a section reading "enumerating cisids"

The scans do not detect any items and since I loaded 8.1 the scan indicator advises that no scan has taken place. Prior to this I had AE running all year without any issues. I run XP, with Internet Explorer 8. I also have an alternate browser called Flocks. Never had any difficulty.

Keep getting message "Adaware has shut down" try to uninstall will not... get another message "mia.lib" not installed reinstall but cannot unistall help. How do I uninstall to get a clean version??

Keep getting message "Adaware has shut down" try to uninstall will not... get another message "mia.lib" not installed reinstall but cannot unistall help. How do I uninstall to get a clean version??

There was an issue with Kaspersky deleting the mia.lib file, but it was supposed to have been resolved back in July:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry106478

If you have Kaspersky, has it been updated since then?