Sign in to follow this  
mdlaf@earthlink.net

8.1 stalls on scan

Scans about 3000 plus items and stops on skypepm.exe. Anniversary Edition did the same! Cannot stop scan when it hangs up, and if I close Ad-Adware and re-open it picks up where if left off. The clock ticks, says it is scanning, but the file scanner is blank and it shows no files being scanned. I have to re-boot to bring it back to normal.

Hi,

Could you configure a profile scan to miss out the folder containing that file and see if the scan continues past that point? We will then be able to verify if it is that particular file which is the problem.

Casey

Marv6 has the same problem I have and the scan does not stall always at the same place but after about 3000 plus items. As I posted yesterday it seems that it is Norton that is blocking the scan but only does this on Vista and not XP, why?

Reading the other post about 8.1 version stall I found the solution, just have to turn off Norton Tamper Protection before doing an Ad-Aware scan and then turn it back on.

Edited by visitor

On my other computer it scans about 3000 items and stops, currently, it is hung up on aawservice.exe at 2738 items.

Marv6 has the same problem I have and the scan does not stall always at the same place but after about 3000 plus items. As I posted yesterday it seems that it is Norton that is blocking the scan but only does this on Vista and not XP, why?

Reading the other post about 8.1 version stall I found the solution, just have to turn off Norton Tamper Protection before doing an Ad-Aware scan and then turn it back on.

I have Norton also, and will try turning off Tamper protection, but, when I click the X on Ad Adware it closes and when I bring it back up it starts immediately and is hung up. I don't enjoy re-booting to bring it back to normal. Will do so to see if it is Norton Tamper protection hanging it up?

On my other computer it scans about 3000 items and stops, currently, it is hung up on aawservice.exe at 2738 items.

Tried Windfox's suggestion to disable Norton Tamper protection, rebooted, and got Ad Aware to complete a scan. Wish Norton and Ad Aware could resolve this problem. Thank you for having this forum and thanks Windfox.

I have Norton also, and will try turning off Tamper protection, but, when I click the X on Ad Adware it closes and when I bring it back up it starts immediately and is hung up. I don't enjoy re-booting to bring it back to normal. Will do so to see if it is Norton Tamper protection hanging it up?

8.1 stalls in smart scan after 33800+ objects in critical areas "enumerating clsid's" and then disappears. Using home version xp on Dell Dimension 8200 desktop. No problem with Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. Both use home version xp and Symantec Systemworks 2005. Both computers had no problem with earlier version of Anniversary Edition Free. Tried uninstalling and re-installing on the 8200 with same results. Reading forum reponses indicates others are having similar problems . Request Lavasoft post an indication of what they are doing.