• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
visitor

Norton v. Ad-Aware conflict = stalled scans

There's a known conflict between Norton and Ad-Aware which affects both Anniversary Edition and the 2010 version 8.1, particularly on Vista systems. This results in Ad-Aware scans stalling. The solution is to temporarily turn off Norton's Tamper Protection under settings, after which you should be able to complete Ad-Aware scans.

Lavasoft is aware of the problem and is working with Norton/Symantec to fix it:

http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/blo...are-scan-freeze

This is from the Symantec support forums:

Disable Tamper Protection:

1. Click the Clients Tab.

2. Select the client group you would like to modify.

3. Click the Policies tab.

4. If this is not the Global group, uncheck Inherit policies and settings from parent group. Ensure that Policy inheritance is OFF.

5. Under Location-independent Policies and Settings, with in the Settings box, click General Settings.

6. Click the Tamper Protection tab.

7. Uncheck Protect Symantec security software from being tampered with or shut down.

I'm running Norton 2009 antivirus program, changed setting to "Off":

Setting --> Miscellaneous Setting --> Product Security --> Norton Product Tamper Protection.

The program will prompt for duration, I let it default to 15 minutes and selected "OK". Ran the Ad-ware scan and everything worked fine.

I open up Norton to make sure my settings when back to "On", and it was.

Edited by visitor