• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryanmschmidt

Disable Download Guard

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am a longtime user of Ad-Aware, but am now struggling with the Download Guard feature. I am attempting to download several different files, and as the download almost completes, the windows displays the message "Unable to connect to Ad-Aware - Download Guard could not connect to Ad-Aware. . . . Send to Ad-Aware". Clicking Send to Ad-Aware does nothing.

I want to disable this 'Feature'. I have already stopped the Lavasoft service with no luck. I searched the forum and have not seen this problem, but it is entirely possible of course that I missed it. Sorry if this is a repeat.

What settings do I need to change so that I can use Ad-Aware *solely* to manually scan my computer - no automated processes, etc.?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

McCoy

Ok, you've got two questions here.

Firstly the download guard is a 'plug-in' for Ad-Aware and can be disabled within Internet Explorer or uninstalled through Windows Add/Remove.

Secondly, to run Ad-Aware as an on-demand scanner only. You need to go into the Ad-Watch settings and untick the protection.

Casey

I'll close this topic now, if you need it reopened, PM any moderator :)