Sign in to follow this  
makinaitor

Windows 7 64bit support

Please,When an update of Lavasoft Firewall Pro for Windows 7 64 bits? I have tried to install the version 3 of the product but Windows 7 shows me a message about known problems of compatibility and it doesn't allow to load properly the net driver,so the program can't protect me properly.(I updated my OS to windows 7 64 bits yesterday and I need desperately a version of Lavasoft Firewall Pro for this operative system:I have an intruder who is stealing my data and password of my account of Rapidshare and my licenses of Virtualdj,so please get an update for

Windows 7! S.O.S.! :)

Bye!

Edited by makinaitor

Hi,

If you log into the support center and send them an email and they should be able to advise you about if and when the firewall will be Windows 7 compatible and if there are any current workarounds.

The link to the support center is in my signature.

Casey

I have realized that I´m not the only person with problems installing Lavasoft Personal Firewall in Windows 7 64 bits,and this new OS is beginning to be the "usual" OS inside millions PC's & laptops over the world so,please...,as a paying customer,I ask you for beginning soon to give support in this product to Windows 7(32 & 64 bits) :)

Yours sincerely

makinaitor

[quote name='visitor' post='114594' date='Dec 20 2009, 06:06 PM']Did you contact Lavasoft Customer Support?[/quote]

Hi! I did - guess what they told me:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately our firewall is not yet compatible with windows 7.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Johan - Lavasoft Support

I am really disappointed! Didn't they get a Windows7 beta or RC Version?? :)
If somebody from Lavasoft is reading this lines: [u]When do you plan to release a version for W7 64 bit?[/u]

Regards from an unsatisfied paying customer!

Hi visitor passed your message onto Lavasoft and this was the reply we recieved:

[quote name='LS John']Hi visitor,

We are currently testing latest firewall, which will be Win7 compatible. We don't have a date when this will be released
but this will be available soon.

Kind Regards
John - Lavasoft.[/quote]

At least they're working on it. I recommend if you're on Win 7 then ask Lavasoft o extend your licence for a few months (for free) - however, they may not since they've never said the current version was compatible with Win 7.

Sign in to follow this