• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pxmvbb

Error 1935 when trying to install AAW

4 posts in this topic

I downloaded the "Ad-Aware Installation Wizard" w/o any problems, but when I click to install, I get:

"Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC90.ATL,version="9.030729.1"publicKeyToken=1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32". Please refer to Help and Support for more information." Ad-Aware setup cannot continue. "

What can I do to get this to install? Help. I'm not good with computers (obviously).

Hi,

I've done a bit of research and found that VC90.ATL belongs to the C++ runtime which Ad-Aware uses during installation.

So what I would suggest you do is to uninstalll any C++ runtime you have (check your add/remove programs) and then install the latest version from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Hopefully, Ad-Aware's installation will then be able to run.

Casey

Thanks for your reply. In my original post, I forgot to mention that I get the 1935 error first, followed by a second error. When the Adaware install tried to download the latest C++ 2008, I get an 'An error occurred during setup: Installation failed.' I've tried going to directly to the link you provided and downloading from there, but I get the same msg.

I tried downloading the C++ 2005 (only as a test and have since removed it), and that downloaded w/o any problems.

Anything else I could try to get this to work? I'm running Vista, if that makes a difference (?).

Hmmm.

Well my opinion would be to contact Microsoft since this is obviously a problem with the installation of the C++ distributable which has then affected the installation of Ad-Aware.

Alternatively, try doing some research online to see if you can solve the problem.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but it's outside of my area of expertise!

Casey

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0