Sign in to follow this  
lh35959

The new 8.1.1 takes 45 seconds to 1 minute to load

I never got a reply from Lavasoft about the intolerable slow poke loading of Ad-Aware. So I got fed up and uninstalled it. I am now looking for another antispyware that at least loads in reasonable time, not 2.5 minutes. Anybody has experience with other softwares that are good. Thanks...

[quote name='visitor' post='113151' date='Nov 10 2009, 06:52 PM']Not necessarily Ad-Aware - do you have other real-time protection running? I had a similar problem when I had Ad-Aware, AVG, Spybot, and Windows Defender all running resident protection. System was much snappier once I turned off everything except Ad-Aware (albeit I'm still using Ad-Aware AE).[/quote]

See you said the MAGIC WORDS "albeit I'm still using Ad-Aware AE" Their is not a problem in AE it is a very fine program.
The pinheads at Lavasoft don't give a D*mn about a paying customer so how can they care about a free customer.

The funny thing here is I am NOT HAVING any of the problems that I read about here on the forum. I had NO trouble installing version 8.1, I am having NO problems updating it, I have NO problems running scans, the problem I do have is IT TAKES 50 - 60 SECONDS TO LOAD THIS STUPID THING. The anniversary edition was not that way. Now for those of you that may be wondering about my system here it is. I have a compaq presario with AMD Athlon 3000 XP processor running at 2.16 GHz. I am using Windows XP Home edition with SP3, using 2 Gb of ram. The ONLY thing I load at bootup is AVG anti virus version 9 and Online Armor. I use a program called Easy Cleaner to keep the registry clean and to keep unnecessary files(temp internet and etc) off the disk. I keep the disk defragged on a regular basis. So in a nut shell what I am saying is why are more people not experiencing this slow loading problem. I think maybe on the newer dual core processors it may not take that long and also people may be loading Ad-Adware at bootup and don't notice how long it takes to load. I purchased the Anniversary Edition Pro and was loading it and using the Ad-Watch but since this stupid version I disabled the Ad-Watch and don't load Ad-Aware at bootup. I run the thing once or twice a week but usually don't find anything. I am using a router and using AVG and Online Armor so I am pretty safe. Sometimes the Ad-Aware finds a few tracking cookies but heck it did when I was running the Ad-Watch so I still had to run scans. If you are having slow loading problems would some one help me fuss about this. I keep complaining to the Ad-Aware customer support but it seems to do NO GOOD.

Hey, can someone tell me if they are planning on fixing this thing so us people that are running slower processors (I mean not the dual core processors) can load it in less than a minute. I am not having ANY other problems except it takes forever to load. You would think that if they are smart enough to write the program they could fix it like the Anniversary Edition which worked excellent. Why do they just ignore problems like this?

[quote name='lh35959' post='114107' date='Dec 7 2009, 02:15 PM']Hey, can someone tell me if they are planning on fixing this[/quote]
No official word yet from Lavasoft. Leroy, this is the 2nd time you've started a new topic on slow loading where I've merged it with your original post. With any ongoing issues, please reply to the original topic rather than starting a new one - it helps keep the board clean and makes less work for the volunteers :) If you prefer to not scan the index page, you can click on your user name and find your posts on your user profile. Thanks!

Hi:

Since upgrading to 8.1 , the program loads VERY slow. I removed all entries from startup using msconfig , and also prevented the program from loading automatically on startup. But still takes long time to load. Is there a fix available?

Thanks

beermug

Windows XP home edition [service pack3]
AMD Athlon 1800+ cpu
2 gb of DDR ram

[quote name='beermug' post='114246' date='Dec 11 2009, 12:47 PM']Hi:

Since upgrading to 8.1 , the program loads VERY slow. I removed all entries from startup using msconfig , and also prevented the program from loading automatically on startup. But still takes long time to load. Is there a fix available?

Thanks

beermug

Windows XP home edition [service pack3]
AMD Athlon 1800+ cpu
2 gb of DDR ram[/quote]
If Lavasoft is looking into it then the person must have went on Vacation until sometime in 2010 because it has been well over a month now and I am still having the same trouble. I reported this to the Lavasoft customer support again last week but this time they have not even bothered to answer my message. I am not a genius but it looks to me as if someone smart enough to write the program SHOULD have enough sense to find what is causing a slow loading process. I wish you good luck.

Hi,

I know it's frustrating. There was a recent fix, which has solved the issue for some but as we know - it's not solved the problem completely. Lavasoft's reply:

[quote name='LS Padraig An Ollainn' post='114207' date='Dec 10 2009, 02:01 PM']This may still be unresolved. It has been re-reported to Dev.[/quote]

So hopefully we'll see movement on this.

Casey

I'm not sure what you're asking.

- If it takes 3-4 minutes for Ad-Aware AE to boot when you startup your computer, this is normal. The definition file is ~50 mb and needs to load at startup.

- If the splash screen "Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition - Loading . . . " displays for 3-4 minutes, check settings:

Ad-Watch Live! > check all modules (Ad-Aware Free has only the Processes module, AE Plus adds Registry and AE Pro adds Network)

Appearance > uncheck "hide taskbar icon."

With these settings, Ad-Aware will start at reboot, displaying a tray icon. Double-clicking the tray icon opens the GUI in just 2-3 secs. Edited by visitor

[quote name='visitor' post='114396' date='Dec 15 2009, 03:37 PM']I'm not sure what you're asking.

- If it takes 3-4 minutes for Ad-Aware AE to boot when you startup your computer, this is normal. The definition file is ~50 mb and needs to load at startup.

- If the splash screen "Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition - Loading . . . " displays for 3-4 minutes, check settings:

Ad-Watch Live! > check all modules (Ad-Aware Free has only the Processes module, AE Plus adds Registry and AE Pro adds Network)

Appearance > uncheck "hide taskbar icon."

With these settings, Ad-Aware will start at reboot, displaying a tray icon. Double-clicking the tray icon opens the GUI in just 2-3 secs.[/quote]

You have properly understood everything. I have done everything like you have written. Ad-Watch live I do not use no improvement. All the same how, splash screen always there last 3-4 minutes.

Which software version of Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition? (click "About" on GUI, possible AE versions are 8.0.0 to 8.0.8)
Which definition file is loaded? (see GUI under "Web Update", current definition file is 0149.0115)

Also, since you do not use Ad-Watch Live!, do you have another security program which runs real-time protection? If so, try to disable them 1 at a time to see if 1 is conflicting with Ad-Aware launch. Edited by visitor

[quote name='visitor' post='114418' date='Dec 16 2009, 02:57 AM']Which software version of Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition? (click "About" on GUI, possible AE versions are 8.0.0 to 8.0.8)
Which definition file is loaded? (see GUI under "Web Update", current definition file is 0149.0115)

Also, since you do not use Ad-Watch Live!, do you have another security program which runs real-time protection? If so, try to disable them 1 at a time to see if 1 is conflicting with Ad-Aware launch.[/quote]

Version 8.1.2
current definition 149.115
No other security programms running!
Regards Cimolian

[quote name='cimolian' post='114454' date='Dec 16 2009, 11:09 PM']Version 8.1.2
current definition 149.115
No other security programms running!
Scan lasts hours!
Regards Cimolian[/quote]

OK, since your running version 8.1.2, it's not Anniversary Edition, so I'm going to merge this post with a similar topic.

If the GUI still says "Anniversary Edition" something is wrong and I'd suggest using revouninstaller.com to do a clean uninstall, then download Ad-Aware 8.1 and reinstall:

[url="http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php"]http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php[/url]

The GUI should say Lavasoft "Free Anti-Malware" or "Pro/Plus Internet Security". The slow load time is a problem which has been reported to Lavasoft. Most people have been reporting load times of about 1 min, which may vary depending on your system's CPU speed and RAM.

[quote name='visitor' post='114479' date='Dec 17 2009, 03:15 PM']OK, since your running version 8.1.2, it's not Anniversary Edition, so I'm going to merge this post with a similar topic.

If the GUI still says "Anniversary Edition" something is wrong and I'd suggest using revouninstaller.com to do a clean uninstall, then download Ad-Aware 8.1 and reinstall:

[url="http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php"]http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php[/url]

The GUI should say Lavasoft "Free Anti-Malware" or "Pro/Plus Internet Security". The slow load time is a problem which has been reported to Lavasoft. Most people have been reporting load times of about 1 min, which may vary depending on your system's CPU speed and RAM.[/quote]

What is revouninstaller.com, and where I find it?
Best Regards

Revo is an uninstaller program - works better than the Lavasoft add/remove uninstaller. You can download it from the website revouninstaller.com

yaaaa 813 starts IMMEDIATELY!!!

but it does continue to lock up if you scan RIGHT AFTER a major upgrade and now def downloads/minor upgrades

[quote name='visitor' post='114520' date='Dec 18 2009, 10:10 AM'][b]Software Update 8.1.3[/b]
Released December 17, 2009

This update won't have noticeable effect to the program as almost all the changes this time are back end fixes so Ad-Aware users should not notice any differences. However there might be some decreases on the GUI launch time.[/quote]

my desktop gave my 813 but
laptop wont update says 812 latest what do i do Edited by cootmaster

[b]cimolian[/b] & [b]cootmaster[/b]

There seems to be a problem with updates now.

Thursday Dec 17 updated to 8.1.3, but Friday Dec 18 reverted back to 8.1.2: [url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28056"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28056[/url]

Also, updating now gives "Connection error. Check your settings." [url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28061"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28061[/url]

Moderator Spy_Sentinel has reported this to Lavasoft, but they will not see it until they return to work on Monday. Until then, be patient and hopefully they will fix this next week.

[quote name='visitor' post='114567' date='Dec 19 2009, 08:30 PM'][b]cimolian[/b] & [b]cootmaster[/b]

There seems to be a problem with updates now.

Thursday Dec 17 updated to 8.1.3, but Friday Dec 18 reverted back to 8.1.2: [url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28056"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28056[/url]

Also, updating now gives "Connection error. Check your settings." [url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28061"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28061[/url]

Moderator Spy_Sentinel has reported this to Lavasoft, but they will not see it until they return to work on Monday. Until then, be patient and hopefully they will fix this next week.[/quote]

uploaded 8.1.3 and ad-aware now start normally. However, take
2 hours of the scan. Previously, only 30 minutes!
Is there an improvement?
Ciao

[quote]uploaded 8.1.3 and ad-aware now start normally. However, take
2 hours of the scan. Previously, only 30 minutes!
Is there an improvement?
Ciao[/quote]

The improvements are under the hood so you will not notice much, however, the GUI should be faster now.

[quote]Moderator Spy_Sentinel has reported this to Lavasoft, but they will not see it until they return to work on Monday. Until then, be patient and hopefully they will fix this next week.[/quote]

Yes, I am currently waiting on a resposne from Lavasoft.

Sign in to follow this