Sign in to follow this  
debbizmail

Error Message TFORMAAW....

Could not run Adaware at all. Just hung there or crashed. Then this message came up:

An error has occurred in Ad-Aware!

Component:

TFormAAW

Access violation at address 00564D6C in module 'Ad-Aware.exe'. Read of address 00000294

Send this message to Lavasoft Support Team (bla bla bla) and also what you just did

to help us track down this error.

Ad-Aware now terminates.

EAccessViolation

I kept trying to open Ad aware and also do a scan. Neither scan type would work. I kept closing it and reopening it. Then at some point this popped up. I do not recall the PRECISE thing I was doing at the time. I just know I've been trying to do a scan for about an hour without success.

Hi,

If I remember correctly this is an idication that your system is infected. I would recommend that you read my instructions and post a HJT log in the HJT forum for analysis.

Casey

Hi,

If I remember correctly this is an idication that your system is infected. I would recommend that you read my instructions and post a HJT log in the HJT forum for analysis.

Casey

Well, I downloaded and scanned successfully with the new Ad-aware. It only caught a few cookies. What is that error, what caused it, and need I worry further?

Thanks.

Well I think that it was a sign of infection but it didn't necessarily indicate an infection. Since you have ran the new version and nothing was found you should be ok. Do you have any anti-virus software installed? If so, update and run that just to be sure :)

Casey

Sign in to follow this