• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
debbizmail

Error Message TFORMAAW....

4 posts in this topic

Could not run Adaware at all. Just hung there or crashed. Then this message came up:

An error has occurred in Ad-Aware!

Component:

TFormAAW

Access violation at address 00564D6C in module 'Ad-Aware.exe'. Read of address 00000294

Send this message to Lavasoft Support Team (bla bla bla) and also what you just did

to help us track down this error.

Ad-Aware now terminates.

EAccessViolation

I kept trying to open Ad aware and also do a scan. Neither scan type would work. I kept closing it and reopening it. Then at some point this popped up. I do not recall the PRECISE thing I was doing at the time. I just know I've been trying to do a scan for about an hour without success.

Hi,

If I remember correctly this is an idication that your system is infected. I would recommend that you read my instructions and post a HJT log in the HJT forum for analysis.

Casey

Hi,

If I remember correctly this is an idication that your system is infected. I would recommend that you read my instructions and post a HJT log in the HJT forum for analysis.

Casey

Well, I downloaded and scanned successfully with the new Ad-aware. It only caught a few cookies. What is that error, what caused it, and need I worry further?

Thanks.

Well I think that it was a sign of infection but it didn't necessarily indicate an infection. Since you have ran the new version and nothing was found you should be ok. Do you have any anti-virus software installed? If so, update and run that just to be sure :)

Casey

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0