Sign in to follow this  
bference

Problem trying to install adaware

I downloaded the free version of adaware and tried running it. Keep getting an install error of some sort. I know I am infected with malware because I am having problems with my browser when surfing. Keep getting page not found and all sorts of redirects. At any rate... wanted to get the program in there to clean it out but it seems like I am continually running this error message. It is: C:\DOCUME squiggly line 1\LOCALS squiggly line 1\Temp\mia2\WISDED53808867C4244AE6AD6FD3C28D1EF_7_1_0_10.MSI

Does anyone know what is causing this or how to resolve this installation error?

Hi,

What version of Ad-Aware are you trying to install, 2008 or 8.1? (You've posted in the 2008 forum, but the latest release is 8.1). If it is 2008, I would recommend trying to install 8.1. Try saving the installer to your desktop and running it from there.

If that fails to work then it is possibly the malware which is stopping the installation, so I would suggest that you read the instructions in my signature and post a HJT log in the HJT forum for analysis.

Casey

Sign in to follow this