Sign in to follow this  
ariestiger

Download Issue

Hi all,

I just bought Adaware Plus and have tried to install it, but I keep getting an error message saying that a fatal error occurred in the installation package. I have Windows Vista and already tried the regedit suggestion I searched to see if that would help, but it hasn't. Also, in case this has any bearing on the issue, Vista has sometimes refused to acknowledge me as an administrator when I try to download stuff so I can't always download to the location program files. When it does this it makes me download in my downloads folder. I've tried to fix this problem before to no avail.

I'd really like to get this program working because I need to get rid of some adware-gen that popped up yesterday. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi,

so I can't always download to the location program files

You shouldn't really need to download anything to there anyway. Download to your downloads folder and then the installer will place the appropriate files there :)

With regards to the install error it might well be related to the infection on your computer. So what I suggest is to get your computer cleaned and then try and install. To do this, please follow the instructions in my signature and post a HJT log in the HJT forum for analysis.

Casey

Now that you've posted in the HJT forum, I'll close this thread now. If you need this reopened, please contact a moderator. Also, since you're a paid Plus user, you can use Lavasoft Customer Support via the link in my signature.