Sign in to follow this  
swampy11

swampy11's own

My tale of misery....

Everything was working with Anniversary Ed, but I kept getting the upgrade to the new version screen ad nauseam. So I bit, and did the install. Never would connect to the server. I did everything and read everything, no luck. So I uninstall the newest version and reverted back to my old faithful Anniversary Ed. by deleting the new and reinstalling the old. Well, I am such a dumb-###### for not leaving well enough alone because now the Anniversary Ed. can not connect to the server. No malware, viruses, or adware...system is clean. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

`swamp

Edited by swampy11

Hi,

Cannot connect to server or cannot connect to service? Two very different problems. (I ask since you say server but posted in a topic about service)

Casey

Hi,

Cannot connect to server or cannot connect to service? Two very different problems. (I ask since you say server but posted in a topic about service)

Casey

Should have said, "Can not connect to service" and I still can not. Sorry if I am in the wrong topic here.

Help.

Thanks

`swamp

Edited by swampy11

Hi again,

I have split your posts to create your own topic since that one is very awkward to follow.

So you have tried uninstalling Ad-Aware with Revo (on its highest setting)?

Casey

Hi again,

I have split your posts to create your own topic since that one is very awkward to follow.

So you have tried uninstalling Ad-Aware with Revo (on its highest setting)?

Casey

Yes, and at the highest setting. Did a reinstall and still the same error message.

`swamp

Ok and when you had it installed did you check the status of the service?

Was it installed? Maybe it said it was disabled rather than runnning?

Casey

I checked and it is set on automatic.

`swamp

I checked and it is set on automatic.

`swamp

Now what? I really enjoyed using it and only wish I hadn't tried to update to the newer version. Suggestions on what to try next.

Thanks in advance.

`swamp

[quote name='swampy11' post='113227' date='Nov 11 2009, 07:59 PM']Now what? I really enjoyed using it and only wish I hadn't tried to update to the newer version. Suggestions on what to try next.
Thanks in advance.
`swamp[/quote]
Surely someone has a suggestion or has been in this situation before and found a solution?
Thanks,
`swamp Edited by swampy11

All the solutions I know of have already been covered. You said your system is clean, but the only thing not tried is posting in the HJT forum to be sure there's no malware preventing Ad-Aware from working (instructions in my signature).