Sign in to follow this  
obermeyern

How do I know if the scheduled scan feature is working

I have the pro version of Ad-Aware. I set up a scheduled scan for daily that scans the full system. How do I know if it's working? It doesn't tell me anything the next day (scheduled at night). I look at the main page and it doesn't say anything under the scheduled scan area (last time scanned). I look at the scan now area and it only shows the scan that I did manually. It seems this is no different then the free version of Ad-Aware. What extra did I get?

How do I know if it is actually scanning daily like I set it up?

Thanks,

Nate

Hi

You can go to the software's main screen and click on the Statistics tab. In the Display drop-down, you can check the dates of all the performed scans so far.

By selecting a specific date in this drop-down, you can see the list of actions that has been performed within that scan (e.g. number of items quarantined, removed and etc.)

If you wanna decide for yourself what you wanna do with the found objects after a scheduled scan has been performed, create a scheduled scan with the Manual Option selected for it's HOW section

Hope this information was useful to you. As a paid user, you can also get direct support from our Technical Support Team through the support center: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Check Windows Scheduled Tasks to see if any scans are scheduled. Check Ad-Aware logs to see if any scheduled scans were logged:

Ad-Aware 2008 users

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\logs\Ad-Aware<date information>.log

Ad-Aware AE users

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Vista and 7 - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Ad-Aware 8.1 users

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Vista and 7 - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

If it's not happening, as a paid user, you should take advantage of Lavasoft Customer Support (Laleh's link above) - they have email and chat support.

Ad-Aware is in the Windows scheduled task (4 times I tried to set it), but says never ran. How do I get it to run daily like I want it to?
If it's not happening, as a paid user, you should take advantage of Lavasoft Customer Support (Laleh's link above) - they have email and chat support.