Sign in to follow this  
Matthew L

AdAware Pro shuts down during scanning.

Hi,

since a couple of days Ad Aware Pro 8.1.2 (on XP/SP3) shuts down during scanning. Before that time it worked just fine.

A message appears saying that an error occurred and Ad Aware had to shut down, an error repport has been generated, and that I can send this to Lavasoft.
I can choose “YES”or “NO”. However, when I click “YES” nothing seems to happen (of course, while clicking "YES" I'm connected to the internet).

Can anybody please tell me what to do?

Thanks,

Matthew.

[quote name='Matthew L' post='113482' date='Nov 18 2009, 03:11 AM']since a couple of days Ad Aware Pro 8.1.2 (on XP/SP3) shuts down during scanning. Before that time it worked just fine.[/quote]
Version 8.1.2 was just released today, so it must have been 8.10 or 8.1.1. If you haven't yet, I'd try a new scan with 8.1.2. Also, as a paid Pro user, you should contact Lavasoft Customer Support via the link in my signature. They have email and live chat support and are better qualified to diagnose any problems, especially if it's with the new version.

[quote name='visitor' post='113487' date='Nov 18 2009, 01:49 PM']Version 8.1.2 was just released today, so it must have been 8.10 or 8.1.1.[/quote]
Thank you Visitor,
I use automatic update, so I suppose it was updated today.
The problem however is going on for a couple of days now (so also with version 8.1.....).

Regards,

Matthew.

Visitor,

just one more question.
The link in your signature only leads to a helpdesk that is not free of charge.
Since I have paid for my Ad Aware, I would like to know where to get free custommer help.

Thanks,

Matthew.

Edit:
Oh my God! How stupid of me!
I see I have to log in to get help there. Did not know that.
Matthew. Edited by Matthew L

Let us know if you get the problem resolved. I'd be interested to see if it's this problem they're still working on:

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=27435"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=27435[/url]

Some scans stall, while others crash, and they think it's all a related problem.

I’m happy to tell you that my problem is solved.
It had nothing to do with the scanning of critical areas; it was caused by a corrupted file.
Every time Ad Aware scanned this file it got stuck and was shut off.

The tricky part was to find this corrupted file. It took me several scans to find out. I watched the scan very carefully (by staring at the screen) to see where it got stuck. And indeed, every time it was the same file.
I replaced this file by a new one and Ad Aware works fine now.

So, I’m very happy.

Regards,

Matthew.

It was a program file Casey_boy, from a photo book editing program called "Spector" (it's European, not USA).
One of the very, very many .png files was corrupted. I replaced them all by doing an online upgrade for this program.
After that everything works fine.

Regards,

Matthew.