Sign in to follow this  
cootmaster

false positive Norton finds from AE

[url="http://community.norton.com/norton/board/message?board.id=nis_feedback&thread.id=49534"]AE issie w norton[/url]

my norton is finding false positives listed here w AE quoted
anyone know if Adaware is giving false positives to norton

this weird but i scanned my H drive external
and already 2 different programs
both Older versions
and fr4.13x and 417x have heuristic viruses ALL fully removed
virus is ADWARE.GEN
they been fine for yers
what is going on?
[quote]If the Adaware program has real-time scanning at the same time as Norton you may be losing some affectiveness rather than doubling up services. Two similar programs can cause security issues rather than prevent them.

You are able to update your NIS 2007 for free to the 2009 version, and use your existing key to activate. This could solve the issue for you as well as giving you a better product. Make certain that you have either NIS or NAV.

The file can be both malware and a false positive. If it is in your quarantine or unresolved threats, you should forward it to Symantec for their opinion.

Does Norton give you the option for removal or does it call for manual removal? Definitely don't ignore it yet.[/quote] Edited by cootmaster

OMG the board is actually RUNNING
i tryied all day to get in here yesterday
[quote]If the Adaware program has real-time scanning at the same time as Norton you may be losing some affectiveness rather than doubling up services. Two similar programs can cause security issues rather than prevent them.[/quote]
no im showing you what nortons forum said in quote it mentions adaware conflict
but anyway anyone ever hear of older software suddenly blowing Edited by cootmaster

Sign in to follow this