Sign in to follow this  
cootmaster

uppate doesnt work

hi some reason today i press update button and then the update box comes up but then the update box just disappears
i cant update
whats going on

hmm i manually updated
and now seems run now but its still showing 106 Edited by cootmaster

[quote name='cootmaster' post='113934' date='Dec 3 2009, 04:47 PM']hi some reason today i press update button and then the update box comes up but then the update box just disappears
i cant update
whats going on
hmm i manually updated
and now seems run now but its still showing 106[/quote]

Same for me today (pc was not on yesterday).

[quote name='bliss007' post='113946' date='Dec 4 2009, 06:56 AM']Same for me today (pc was not on yesterday).[/quote]

I also have the same problem!

I am also experiencing this issue.

I have tried updating several times, but with no success. Each time the update box appears, but it then disappears after some time. The amount of time is variable though. Sometimes the update box vanishes after about 30 seconds, and sometimes the box appears for about a minute and minimizes to the taskbar before disappearing.

I was able to update yesterday and numerous scans with Norton, Malwarebytes, and Ad-Aware haven't found anything suspicious.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you.

UPDATE: I was able to manually update to 107. I then tried to update through the Tray Icon and was told my definitions were up to date. The manual update may have solved the problem. Edited by MSUJD

Mine doesn't update either. Trying manual update, Update Manager dialog appears than disappears without updating. Can still scan with old definitions.

I'm running AA8.1.2, def. 0149-0106 & Windows XP. Like the others, requesting update starts normally, then update mgr. just disappears.

[quote name='cootmaster' post='113956' date='Dec 4 2009, 07:16 AM']mine did update i think after manual update to 107[/quote]

I have the same problem today, I rebooted AE 8.1.2 and restarted still same problem. My def file is still 106 and every time I request for update ( either from tray icon or from program itself) the update mgr opens but disappears.

Some say they manually update the def file, how is that done?

Thanks for any ideas on the above!

[url="http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/faqs/i-cannot-update-the-definitions-file-what-should-i-do"]read dl zip and go[/url] :P
i seemed fix it

1 fixed itself
2 after manually updating it fixed
3 both
users try manually update then test Edited by cootmaster

[quote name='cootmaster' post='113963' date='Dec 4 2009, 02:16 AM'][url="http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/faqs/i-cannot-update-the-definitions-file-what-should-i-do"]read dl zip and go[/url] :P
i seemed fix it

1 fixed itself
2 after manually updating it fixed
3 both
users try manually update then test[/quote]

It doesn't fix it, that must be the last update on the 1st Dec as I grabbed that manual DEF and imported it and then put it in the folder manually as I thought it did not import correctly but it had.

I was not at my PC for 2 days so do not know if there was an update since but it still opens and then closes with no MSG like Update not needed or whatever it normally says.

So its safe to assume that that Def dated 1st Dec broke it and we need wait on a new file.

i didnt import i downloaded unzipped then replaced file

I downloaded the zip file and followed instructions as indicated but I still cannot update and my def file still says 106, any other suggestions? Edited by Gubat

Hi guys,

This is very strange. Could you all manually update using the information here:

[quote]You can also manually download and update the definitions file.

1. Download from [url="http://download.lavasoft.com/public/core.zip"]http://download.lavasoft.com/public/core.zip[/url]

2. Extract the file (core.aawdef) directly to the Ad-Aware folder, either:

XP:

* C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Defs

Vista:

* C:\Program Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Defs

(note: You can also go to, update->settings and click 'import' browse to where you have saved (core.aawdef), select this file then click 'open' and 'ok'.)

3. Close and restart Ad-Aware from the System Tray icon.[/quote]

Please ensure you do follow step 3 as it is important that you restart the Ad-Aware service.

If this fails to work, then let us know and I will report this on your behalf.

Casey

[quote name='cootmaster' post='113971' date='Dec 4 2009, 04:10 AM']i didnt import i downloaded unzipped then replaced file[/quote]

I did both methods and it does not work, its still the 1st Dec (restart LS and even PC).

TODAY (4th Dec) its fixed by a new updated DEF. :P Edited by bliss007

ok it updated fine for me today to 0107
oddly i thought that was yesterfdays defs

[quote name='cootmaster' post='113985' date='Dec 4 2009, 04:47 PM']ok it updated fine for me today to 0107
oddly i thought that was yesterfdays defs[/quote]

2nd update today (4th Dec), now 0108. :)