• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bliss007

8.1.3 reverted back to 8.1.2 with 2009-12-18 update

7 posts in this topic

Today program update downgrades 8.1.3 to 8.1.2. :D Edited by bliss007

Seems that yesterday - after running an update - I was upgraded to 8.1.3. Today after running the update -
they seemed to have backed it out - as now I am running 8.1.2 again.

As we all know - LavaSoft has not been the best at "QA'ing" their software -as they seems to prefer beta testing their changes
on the whole user community.

This backout is another classic example - as to why "definition" updates should be separated from "Software" Upgrades.

I for one am tired of having LavaSoft slip in these upgrades when I am checking for definition updates.

Given LavaSoft's track record (for those of you that have been around for a while) - Lavasoft - absolutely should not be

given Carte Blanche access to your system - to change their software at their will.

Doug

[quote name='MRFREEZE' post='114517' date='Dec 18 2009, 09:13 AM']"definition" updates should be separated from "Software" Upgrades. Lavasoft - absolutely should not be given Carte Blanche access to your system - to change their software at their will.[/quote]

Maybe a temporary glitch - manual download of the core.zip definition file is 149.115 from Dec 15. Although the GUI Web Update usually works OK, the manual definition download has been problematic for a while now. Since 8.1.3 was just released, maybe they're fine-tuning it. It's already after-hours in Sweden, so I'll see what happens on Monday before reporting it.

Doug, you should turn off auto-updates and manually download definitions. I'm still using my initial install of Anniversary Edition since it worked fine - the first thing I do with any program installation is turn off auto-updates. Now with the problem of the manual definitions download not getting updated, I have to download, then check the file date/size to make sure it's current before replacing, but at least nothing is done without my approval! Edited by visitor

my laptop says 812 is UPDATE!!
but i know my desktop is 813
how do i update it
how can 812 be up to date

ok fixed :)

[quote]ok fixed[/quote]

Thanks for confirming cootmaster :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0