Sign in to follow this  
Hondel

Threatwork Alliance with "**--**^^**--**" all over

[quote name='casey_boy' post='115992' date='Jan 31 2010, 07:58 PM']@ atomickid,

It seems as though you might have an infection. Update Ad-Aware and run a scan, does it detect anything?

Casey[/quote]

Hi Casey
I have just ran Iobit Advanced System Care and rebooted. I can now visit vistaprint and listen to the radio station without errors appearing. I know this does not necessarily mean it is fixed. I will update adaware and run a scan. If anything strange happens i'll let the BB know
Cheers
atomickid

Hey guys. Just a few minutes ago I was using my computer normally and the update manager for Ad-Aware popped up and I figured it was updating as usual except whenever the progress bar had finished, it would just keep popping up and keep telling me it was updating over and over.

I went to my start menu to load the program and the same update manager popped up and along with it the loading window that just keep popping up over and over. Edited by Marigold55

Marigold55 - the Threatwork Alliance **--**^^**--** and update problems are separate issues. The update problem is a known bug with the recently released version 8.1.4, while the Threatwork problem started a month earlier.

We think the Threatwork problem may be malware, so you've done the right thing posting in the HJT forum. No feedback from Lavasoft yet on this issue.

Lavasoft has already opened a bug report for the 8.1.4 update problem, so we have to wait until they release a fix.

Update to fix the missing dll file:

[quote name='LS Jeffery' post='116091' date='Feb 2 2010, 03:55 AM']Hello everyone

We have release an update to resolve the msvcr71.dll issue.

The problem was that we had replaced this file in our own directory because it was no longer needed... But it seems some applications must have registered using the one from our directory. If people perform an update, that file will be put back...[/quote]

I downloaded free ad aware onto my laptop yesterday. I am now unable to access anything due to Threatwork Alliance. I am dismayed to find that there seems to be very little support from Lavasoft for this problem.

[img]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/uploads/monthly_12_2009/post-75120-1262021384.jpg[/img]

Info from Lavasoft:

[quote name='LS Jeffery' date='Feb 3 2010']Hello everyone

This happens when there has not been enough time for the resource manager to load before Threatwork appears. It is not caused by malware....
We will look in to a solution, but it is nothing to worry about, if you simply restart Threatwork it should look fine.[/quote]

Sign in to follow this