• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
princess_mahia

Can't Uninstall...

2 posts in this topic

I've used ad-aware for a few years and have never had any problems...until I installed new virus software from Roadrunner. Unbelievably, there was a virus IN THE download Roadrunner gave us that totally gutted ad-aware. Now I can't even uninstall it. Here's what happens - when the computer starts up, I get an error message that says something about a missing header. When I try to open ad-aware, I get this error message - [i]couldn't load the resource manager[/i]. I've tried uninstalling and I get this error message - [i]Ad-AwareInstallation.exe - unable to locate component. this application has failed to start because mia.lib was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.
[/i]

I tried deleting the folder in the 'c' folder but am told I don't have permission. I have tried reinstalling it, nothing happens. I'm getting pissed because I can't fix it and I can't get rid of it. It always pops up when I'm restarting the computer and doesn't go away until I click on it - the error message. Anyone know how to get rid of it since apparently lavasoft doesn't give a rat's a** about non paying customers?? I really, really need help with this.

I use a HP laptop with Windows Vista...if that helps.

:angry2: :angry2:

I suspect the Road Runner software is some sort of spyware/data miner. Back to the days of AOL, it's always been a bad idea to install software provided by an ISP. You might want to start fresh by using Revo Uninstaller (revouninstaller.com) to uninstall both the Road Runner and Ad-Aware software.

Then, if you're still worried about viruses from Road Runner, follow the instructions in my signature about posting in the HijackThis forum. Somebody will help you diagnose/remove any malware. Once your system is clean, you can reinstall Ad-Aware.