• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Batchie

something weird happening with ad-aware and AV

4 posts in this topic

Recently, I have opened AD-Aware, and under the Web Update, the status shows Update Now, which is weird because at the time I have definition file 0149.0138. Anyway I did do web update, and it said my software is already up to date. After doing the upadte, the status still says Update Now.

How can I fix this annoying problem?

Also this occurs with my AV (CA Antivirus 2008). It says that my product hasn't been upgraded in 60 days, yet when I do the update, it says my security software is up to date. Also I've checked the manual patches and turns out that I have the latest signature file.

This is the Anniversary Edition forum - if you have Ad-Aware 8.1.3, I'll move this topic to that forum. Have you tried closing both programs and rebooting your system? Is your clock/calendar correct?

[quote name='visitor' post='115742' date='Jan 24 2010, 06:44 PM']Is your clock/calendar correct?[/quote]

Whoops, the clock was set to March by accident. Oh, silly me :P

Thanks for replying, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed.

Lock this thread, please. BTW, I'm using 8.1.3 but used to use AE version, hence why I posted in the AE section.

I'm glad visitor could help you :P

I will close this topic for you, should you need it reopening PM myself or any moderator.

Casey